Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

        Danni’s POV

Hmmm, I really don’t remember my bed being this comfy. Wait when did I get satin sheets and when did my bed grow in size? Don’t freak out, don’t freak out; just focus on my breathing… Crap! My ribs hurt so freaking bad. Did I get hit by a mac truck?

Laying there in that amazing bed which I might steal, the past day’s events came rushing into my brain. Pushing myself up, I got light headed, but hastily dismiss it. The first thing I noticed is the king size bed with dark blue satin sheets. To my left are a set of French doors that opens to a balcony and towards the right was a seating area with two matching chairs and beyond that was a door. Looking in front of me I see a fireplace that had a flat screen T.V above it and to the left of it was a door that was opened, showing a bathroom. Seeing that made my bladder twitch and I quickly move to get up, ignoring the pain I wobbled over to the bathroom.

After relieving bladder, I looked at myself in the mirror. Wow, I did get hit by a mac truck. Bruises covered my face and neck, there was a gash above my right eye and another was the bottom of my chin, and my upper lip was busted. Looking at the over-sized t-shirt I’m wearing which I don’t remember putting on, I pull it up to reveal my stomach. Black and blue bruises are everywhere and there are cuts sprinkled across my chest. Dropping the shirt back in place, I tried to control my breathing.

Walking back to the bedroom I was shocked to see Jace sitting on the bed. Jumping up he is clearly relieved to see me, but is not happy that I am moving around.

“You should be in bed,” Jace directs at me.

I give him as shrug as I ask, “I had to pee and why am I here?”

Jace is taken by back by bluntness and I mentally laughed. Walking over towards me, he softly herds me back to bed and sits down next to me. I could see him thinking about what to say and I am getting nervous. Just hurry up and tell me.

“Well there is a lot I have to say and I’m sure there is a lot you have to say,” he answers in a calm voice.

Crap this is not good, what am I supposed to say to that, Hey I’m an Elemental and I can control every element and I have been running for my life since the age of seventeen. Yeah that will go over well, but something deep down tells me that I could trust him.

“What do you want to know?” I quietly ask as I look at my hands.

Letting out a deep breathe Jace asks, “Well you can begin with why you have weapons throughout your house, why you have different color eye contacts, and boxes of hair dye in every color?”

Sighing I debate what I should tell him. I wonder if he would believe that I was a Russian spy and if I told him anything else I have to kill him. Maybe with that he would drop it and I could leave and save everyone from harm. Yeah, I’ll go with that.

“Look you can tell me anything and I will protect you. You don’t have to live in fear anymore,” Jace says as he gently brings my face up to look at him.

With one look in his eyes, I honestly could feel a weight being lift from my shoulders. I knew right then and there he was right.

Sighing I look at Jace and asked, “Have you ever heard of an Elemental?”

“Yeah it’s a person who can control an element, but I never met one before,” he replies as he thinks.

“Well it’s your lucky day because I’m one, but I’m not a normal Elemental. You see I can control every element and more things like weather. For years I have been running from men who want to abuse my gift and both my parents died and by you knowing this, I could put you and your family endanger and I really care about you guys and I should really leave—” I rush out the last part quickly before Jace kisses me.