Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

                Danni’s POV

Walking into the kitchen, I feel a hand yanking into my hair, pulling me into a hard chest. Next thing I know I am up against the wall, banging my head hard. I look up at who is holding me by the neck.

Part of me wasn’t surprise to see Luke staring me down with a look of complete hatred. I can feel the fear crawling up my spine, which reminds me that Jace can sense my emotions. Please hurry up and get here was all I thought before Luke lifts me up a tosses me across the kitchen island.

Crashing to the other side I notice that I knocked over a thing that holds sharp knives. Grabbing one, I hop up before Luke reaches me. We begin to circle around the island, thank God it’s huge. As we walk around, we never stop watching each other.

“Luke, I don’t know why you are doing this, but you better leave before Jace gets here. He will kill you if you hurt me. So please just leave before you regret what you are doing,” I say in the calmest voice I can muster up.

Laughing like it was the most hilarious thing, he replies, “You think Jace can save you, you weak little girl. I know there is something different about you. You think you are so much better than everyone, because you are mates with Jace. Jace won't do anything. You just waltz right in here like you own the Goddamn place and I’m going to teach you a lesson.”

Luke jumps over the island at me, but I quickly move to the other side and grab more knives that I most likely will need.

“First of all I didn’t waltz in here, I was carried and I was unconscious. Second, I am no better than anyone in this pack. I’m sorry that you don’t like me, but get your head out from of your ass and get over it.” I answer him as he leaps over the island again. Damn werewolf agility; when it’s against you, it totally sucks.

I threw one knife as hard as I could, but he dodges it barely. I throw another and hit him in the shoulder. Whipping the blade out of his shoulder, I can see that he is pissed off as his eyes turn a dark red. Crap that may have not been the best idea. I make the decision of running to the door way, but I am easily capture and thrown back into the wall.

Grabbing me by the neck, I can feel my feet dangle in air. I see that his wound is not completely healed so I stuck my fingers deeply in and twisted with all my might. Screaming out, I feel him letting my neck go, but I earn a punch to the face. Crap that wasn't a good idea either. Dazed I struggle trying to get away from him.

Next thing I know, I hear little Kendall running behind Luke hitting him on the back of his legs with all his strength. All Luke does is kick him back with his leg, sending him flying back. Hearing Kendall cry out in pain was all it took for me to lose control. Gathering all my energy I feel lighting coming through my fingertips and go straight towards Luke. Screaming Luke flies back through the glass door that leads to the back porch.

Without a second thought, I cradle Kendall into my arms as I run out and up the stairs meeting Alexis half way.

“What is going on? What happen to your face? Why is Kendall crying?” Alexis shoots out question after question.

Rushing passed her I carry Kendall his bedroom that he shares with Kent. 

“I was attacked by Luke and Kendall ran in and tried to help when Luke kicked him.” I quickly reply as I check to see how bad Kendall’s stomach was.

Lifting his Spider-man t-shirt softly, I can see a bruise is forming, but nothing was broken. When Alexis sees her son’s wound, she lets out a string of curses that would make a sailor blush before running out the door. I quickly follow after telling the boys to stay here and don’t come out till one of us says it was ok.