Chapter 2

The long awaited moment finally arrived. I hugged Kate goodbye and stepped outside for the first time in years. The smell of car gas and pollution filled my nostrils. Which wasn’t the best thing you would want to smell, but I was way happy enough to care. My father, mother, Cailee and Amelia all came for my departure from hospital and arrival home. I couldn’t wait to see the house, my bedroom, London, my Grans, friends, new school and much more. Oh, did I forget to mention that I’m going to Oxford for college. Since my father works there, they kinda let me in and since I missed 4 whole years of school, I’m going to do them in one year  and then next year I’ll be the new student in Oxford. I’m super excited and can’t wait but this year is going to be hard. But right now it is summer and I don’t have to worry about a thing.

We packed the suitcases in the back seat of the car and we started heading to the house. It was quite a long drive but I didn’t mind at all, it was nice seeing London once again.

“Now Darcy honey, when we arrive you go rest and we will unpack for you. Okay?” Mum told me.

“Mum I’ve been resting for these whole days, I really just want to go out and walk a little around town!” I told her.

“But you know you can’t, the doctors said that you have to rest a lot so that you won’t feel dizzy”

“Mum the doctors say a lot of things, they even said that I was gonna die, and here I am. Besides I’m probably getting dizzy from all the resting”

“Now Darcy, that was a different story, and you surely are not going out walking on the first day you leave the hospital”

“But mum”

“No buts, you’re staying at home”

“But why?!”

“Because I said so”

“Wow mum, you should become a lawyer”

“Hey! Watch your tongue. Fine if you don’t want to rest you can help us unpack.”   Mum said.

“You girls, we barely even got out and you’re already fighting. What should I expect to happen by the end of the week?” Dad jumped in.

“World War 3” I responded which was kinda true. “and dad please I’m the girl here she’s …….. just elderly”

“WHAT?! I’m only 41!” she said offended.

“Wow you guys should be in a reality show, all we need right here is popcorn and drinks.” Amelia said.

“Fine I’ll shut up” Mum said.

“Finally” I said.

“I heard that”

“You were supposed to”

I forgot how annoying my mum could be but at the end of the day I loved her and she is my role model.

After a few more minutes, I found myself standing in front of an enormously beautiful house which could be said was a mansion. All doors were white and there were palm trees. Ohh! It was heaven and I couldn’t wait to get in. As I was reaching for the handle of the black gate mum interrupted me.

“What are you doing?!” She said.

“I’m getting into our house mum, what does it look like I’m doing? It’s amazing mum thank you thank you!”

“I know it is beautiful but unfortunately that’s not our house.”

“What?!”

“Yeah ours is next door, dad parked here because he couldn’t find a parking” she said.

“Oh, ok then” I told her ashamed, disappointed and embarrassed at the same time.

Then I saw OUR house. It wasn’t the best in the neighborhood but not the worst either. It was beautiful and an ideal family home. The other could fit 30 people in it minimum, and  a zoo and ours could fit 6 people maximum and some cats. But who’s complaining?!

Amelia had left because she lived a few blocks away. As dad opened the door I smelled flowers and freshly baked cookies. The smell was amazing and so was the place. It was very modern and welcoming. The walls of the entrance where pained crème, then there was the living room which had an enormous white leather couch with cushions and a huge plasma TV. Then there was the kitchen with red walls which were so pretty. Then there was a white island in the middle, white cabinets and a glass table with a chandelier on top of it. In the far corner of the house stood a white, long staircase which lead to a long corridor fall of non-sense art portraits. Which was a total waste of money in my opinion but dad loves modern art so what?! In the corridor were 7 doors, my bedroom, my parent’s bedroom, Cailee’s bedroom, the bathroom, the washroom, and a spare bedroom. I entered my bedroom and my jaw dropped a little. It was so beautifully furnished. It had a huge window over viewing the street, then in the middle was a double bed with pastel colours and full of cushions. Then there was a baby pink carpet which wasn’t babyish nor grown-upish but it fitted my age perfectly. The walls were covered in a pastel coloured wallpaper in the form of flowers. There was also a glass desk and on it were an apple computer, make-up stand and jewelry boxes, and at the far end stood my closet. I expected it to be empty but o my surprise it wasn’t, it was full colourful summery clothing. I simply love my parents!

I went running outside and hugged my parents into a bear hug and thanking them for everything.

“Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, so much” I said out of breath.

“Oh! You’re very welcome Darcy, hope you like it!” mum said.

“Like it? I love it. The colours are so amazing and the clothes, don’t even get me started.”

“I’m glad you love it sweetheart” Dad jumped in.

“I do thank-you”

 “It’s ok. Now come on let’s go downstairs and eat some cookies.” Mum said while picking Cailee of the floor and heading downstairs.

“I’m coming” I said walking behind her.

I sat down on the couch and started eating the delicious chocolate chip cookies.

“These are amazing mum, well done” I said.

“Thank-you darling” she said while sitting next to me.

Mum, can I ask you something?” I said.

“Sure go ahead”

“Please mum, tell me, who did this to me?”

“Did what Darcy?” Mum asked confused even though I knew deep down she knew what I was talking about she just wanted to avoid the subject.

“Who put me in that state mum, in that coma? Who almost killed me ma?!” I shouted my voice cracking.

“Now Darcy, if I tell you would it make things better”

“No, but why won’t you tell me?”

“Exactly no, what’s been done is done and it’s for the best. Just be happy you’re still alive”

“But mum I want to know, I just can’t keep living in a lie and a mystery.”

“Darcy just stop it, let’s just change the subject….. soo I started a new cooking class.”

“Mum, no I’m not changing the subject again, I want answers” and with those words I got up and went straight through the main door slamming it shut and running. Who knew my answer was closer than I thought!

“Darcy, Darcy, Darcy wait!, Darcy, Darcy look out!”

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

So what do you think happened to Darcy? and what is the answer to her long life mystery, well you'll  have to tune in to the next chapters to find out. 

Thankyou you  so much for reading and if you could comment, fan and vote it would mean a lot so thankyou. :)

Stay lovely :)! xoxo