Chapter 1

I was disturbed from my thoughts by a knock on the door.

“Who’s there?” I said loud enough for the person to hear me.

“It’s Mrs.Robenson, your nurse.” She told me.

“Oh! Come in then”

Kate Robenson is the sweetest person I’ve met in this hospital. She has shocking blue eyes and blondish hair. She has light brown freckles on her nose and she is a charmer. She takes care of me and I have to say she’s pretty good at it.

“Good-morning love! How are you feeling today?” Kate asked with a polite smile.

“Pretty good actually and I’m ready to go home” I answered and politely returned the smile.

“Good to hear that even though I’ll miss you, seeing you here everyday and then the next thing you know you’re gone, can be pretty hard.” Kate said with a frown.

“Awh! I’ll miss you too, you’re the kindest person I met here everyone else is just always sad and tired of their own job unlike you, you’re always happy and astonished to meet new people.” I said

“Well honey that’s what it takes to be a nurse, you have to be passionate and more importantly good with people” she said.

“Well then you’re doing a pretty darn good job” I said and we both laughed softly.

“I’m sorry to break this chit chat but your mother is outside waiting to come see you, but first let me check that everything is working properly and you are going to be more than happy to hear this. TOMORROW YOU ARE GOING TO CHECK OUT OF THE HOSPITAL” Kate told me excitedly.

I was thrilled I wanted to hear those words ever since I woke up from the coma. I got bored here eating the most disgusting food but at least I had my own room since I was here for a long stay. The last thing I needed is to sleep next to a snoring bunch of strangers.

“Oh My God! Are you for real? Oh! Thank you thank you thank you! Ah finally I can leave and go home.” I said astonished.

“Well don’t act too excited, just remember to take good care of yourself, there are people in life who don’t always want good things to happen to you. If you ever need something remember you can call me, I gave your mother my phone number just incase.” She said.

“Oh Kate thank you so much! You’re like my second mother and don’t worry I will call!” I told her.

“Okay good, now let me go get your mother cause she’s probably dying to see you and we could tell her the good news.” She said while going outside in the never ending corridor to find my mum. I have to say I missed my parents so much, they can’t spend the night me since I have a little sister named Cailee and my mother won’t let her come to the hospital since it is not a place for kids. Cailee is 6 years old, now I only remember the time when she was born the rest is just a big question mark. It bugs me a lot that I had to miss all of her childhood, but that’s life you have to deal with it. Cailee has golden blond hair with curly locks and sparkling blue eyes. She is very cute and adorable. She’s also very intelligent for her age. I guess it runs in the family because my father is a lawyer and a professor in Oxford University in England. Oxford is one of the best schools in Europe so you have to be quite brave and lucky to be a student in it and especially a professor (and by quite I mean very). So my father is very busy and barley has any time to come see me but he makes every possible thing to come and that’s why I love him. When I was in a coma he used to be here every single day never leaving my bed which meant he missed a lot of school days. Now he comes once a week which is more than enough for me. Then there’s my over protective mother who’s here 24/7, except for nights and 12 minutes 45 seconds to be exact because she has to take Cailee to school and ballet lessons. Well who blames her, when you have a daughter who was fighting for her life you kinda become protective over her.

Again there was someone at the door who disturbed me from my thoughts. Yeah that happens a lot around here.

Come in” I said. And there she was my mum running in the room like she hasn’t seen me in 598209498403 days. (you were lazy and you didn’t read the number!)

Darcy how are you?!” she said out of breath.

“I’m just like you left me this morning ma, perfectly fine and ready to go home” I said.

“Well you will soon, but in the mean time I brought some DVD’s and some frozen yogurt.”

“Thank you ma, you know Kate told me that I’m checking out tomorrow” I told her while eating the delicious vanilla yogurt.

“Oh, that’s amazing Darcy, can’t wait to show you the new house and your new cool bedroom”

“UHHH! Neither can I mum!” I told her truthfully. Since my dad got this job we had to move from America to London. When the ‘accident’ happened we were already living in London but renting, unlike now we have our own home.

“Okay so I’m going to let you eat, then watch the movie and then Amelia is coming for a little while and then you can eat your dinner and sleep. Then tomorrow I’ll help you pack up because indeed you are leaving tomorrow!” Mum said happily.

“Oh the joy! Can’t wait mum, I love you loads”.

“I love you too Darcy, now eat the yogurt and let’s watch the move”

And with those words she put “A Walk to Remember” in the DVD player. With all the times I watched this movie in the hospital it never fails to make me cry.

When the movie ended, Amelia came and we started girl talking. Then I ate a burger and the doctors told me that by time my memory will come. And then the next thing you know I’m fast asleep.

The sun burnt on my skin and I woke up seeing a very tired and uncomfortable Amelia sleeping on my bed.

Amelia wake up! Mum came to help us pack and to pick us up so we can leave and go home!” I commanded.

Ughgh! Fine I’m up! “Amelia groaned.

“Finally, come on sweetcheeks, I’m coming home be happy!”

“I am but I’m also very tired”

“Yeah me too, you snore a lot by the way!” I said.

“Heyyy! Well excuse me, I’m squashed here!”

“So what does that have to do with snoring!”

“Uhg, I give up just wake up so we can leave!”

“I’m up!”

I woke up started packing with Amelia and mum but I was careful not to move a lot because the doctors warned me that I might get a bit light headed. I couldn’t wait to go home and start a new life. But who knew that life wasn’t going to be as easy as imagined.

 x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Thank-you so much for reading and I hope you like it! Also please if you havr time comment, vote and fan. It would mean a lot so thankyou so so much! Love ya all! :)

Stay lovely :)! xoxo