Part 2: Chapter 13

Sorry for the wait guys! Maybe chapter thirteen's the unlucky, Writer's block chapter... Well, here it is, late but existent!

*I think I almost upset.author chan.... すみません*
Ron treated Harry and Draco differently after that. He seemed to be trying to act normal, but it was obvious that he was interpreting everything Harry and Draco did that could contribute to their relationship, as if trying to find evidence. Draco wouldn't have minded much, except that Ron's weirdness about their relationship made Harry weird about it, too. Harry seemed to feel awkward and embarrassed about him and Draco when Ron was around, making Draco feel more disdain toward Ron than he ever had before.
One Saturday Harry and Draco were sitting at the Gryffindor table for breakfast, Ron and Hermione beside them. Draco was picking at his sausages absentmindedly, focusing more on the interaction between the other three.
"So, er... I've noticed you've been getting pretty good at Potions, Harry," Hermione said awkwardly.
"Yeah... S'all because of Draco," Harry said, giving him a fond smile.
Draco noticed that Ron had tensed at this. Conversation had been like this at every meal ever since Ron and Hermione had found out about them, and each time Draco felt that he would die from the awkwardness. He was just thinking that maybe he would convince Harry to eat somewhere else next time when Harry said "these pancakes taste interesting."
Draco stared at him for about a second before knocking the fork out of his hand. "Harry!" He exclaimed. "Don't eat things that taste weird!"
"I... I already did," Harry said sheepishly.
"Well, don't eat any more!" Draco said, dragging him up from the table.
"Mal—Draco, I doubt this is the same thing that happened last time," Hermione said.
"How do you know?" Draco said incredulously.
"Well, think about it. What are the odds that a mistake like that would happen again? And if someone put something dangerous in there on purpose, why would they use the same trick twice?"
Draco was about to argue back when Harry fell face-first into the table. He paused to give Hermione a sassy "I told you so" look before lifting Harry up and rushing off as quickly as he could, which wasn't very fast because Harry was heavier than he had expected.
Ron and Hermione jumped up to help him. "Madam Pomfrey's?" Ron said.
"I suppose... Will we get there in time?" Draco replied.
"It's not far from here," Hermione said. "If we hurry..."
They were already awkwardly run-walking as best they could with Harry in their arms, but they tried to quicken their pace, worry weighing down on all three of them. Finally they saw the hospital wing up ahead, but Hermione was looking down at Harry. "He's... He's not breathing," she said quietly.
Draco's eyes snapped downward to Harry's chest, which seemed to be still. This was it.
There was no Room of Requirement this time.
"Harry?" Draco said in a choked voice. No. He would not lose control this time. He forced his legs onward into the hospital wing, calling desperately for Madam Pomfrey as he entered.

"He'll be alright."
That was all Draco had wanted to hear. He breathed again for the first time in what felt like hours as Madam Pomfrey straightened up from tending to Harry. Hermione and Ron were beside him, also looking extremely relieved. Draco felt, for the first time, a stronger connection between himself and Harry's best friends. They all had just shown how much they cared about Harry, which he supposed was what they had in common.
"Who could possibly do this?" Hermione was saying.
"I don't know, maybe You-Know-Who or one of his minions?" Ron said in mock confusion.
"But how are they here? Which one is it? How are they doing this?"
"She's right," Draco murmered. "We need to figure this out before Harry gets hurt again and no one is around to save him."