Part 1: Chapter 6

The next day in Charms class, Harry almost fell asleep on Draco's shoulder again.
"Harry, what are you doing?"
"I'm tired."
"Why? It's not because I woke you up after..." Draco turned a bit pink.
"No, I'm just tired for some reason..."
"You're really warm."
"You're welcome."
"No, I mean unnaturally warm..." Draco put a hand to Harry's forehead. "Yeah, you're hot," he said.
"Why thank you, Draco," Harry said, smirking.
A bunch of students were looking at them, making Draco go pink again. "Apparently, having a fever does not squash your horribleness," Draco said. He raised his hand. "Professor, Harry's not feeling well. Can we go to the hospital wing?"
Professor Flitwick nodded.

"Yes, Potter's got a fever all right," Madam Pomfrey said. "I have something that will work, but it takes a whole night. You'll have to stay here with him, Mr. Malfoy."
"Alright," Draco said. "Try not to get me sick, will you?"
"I can't help it if YOU get sick," Harry said.
"Still. Your temperature is pretty high. I don't want it."
"You're so insensitive," Harry said, kicking him lightly.
"I know," Draco said, grinning.

That night, Harry and Draco finally went to bed. Draco shifted alot; Harry felt really warm, yet he kept shivering. Draco threw the blankets off of him and felt the cool surrounding air. But then it made him cold. He put part of the blankets over him, and looked over at Harry, who was sweating, but shivering. Draco reached over, got a washcloth, and started to mop the sweat off Harry's forehead. Then he cautiously put his arms around Harry to warm him up. Harry's eyes snapped open. "Draco?... what are you doing?"
"Er... you were shivering, so... I thought I'd try to warm you up," Draco said, blushing furiously.
Harry smiled. "You could've just put another blanket on me," he said.
"Well... there weren't any extra blankets around," Draco said, frantically trying to reach a knit blanket on the floor with his leg and shove it under the bed out of sight.
"Right... Well, thanks," Harry said.
"Er... No problem," Draco said, his cheeks still warm. He was remembering the dream he had had.
"Draco, do you like me?" Harry said out of the blue a few seconds later.
"What?! No! Of course not!" Draco said quickly.
"Not as a friend? I like you as a friend."
"Oh... as a friend. Yes, you're alright as a friend."
"...What did you think I meant?"
"Er, nothing... you're delirious with fever, you should get some rest. Goodnight."
"Goodnight..."
---------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Harry was completely normal again, and they were able to go back to class. Draco couldn't stop thinking about Harry, and he also couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he was thinking about Harry. He admitted that he and Harry were friends now. Draco had never really had a true friendship before now, so he tried to tell himself that his... affection was just part of it, and that he hadn't had experience with true friendly affection because his old "friends" were jerks. For all he knew, friendly affection could be exactly what he was feeling now. Maybe it was normal to look forward to sleeping with him every night and wish you could hold him tight... somehow, he didn't think so.
"Hey Draco, look what Fred and George have made," Harry said.
"Hm? Oh, yes, very nice," Draco said absentmindedly, watching Fred eat a purple candy, apparently a cure for his nose, which had been bleeding uncontrollably.
"You alright? You seem a bit distracted," Harry said.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking," Draco said.
He was thinking. Thinking about how dark Harry's hair was. How messy it was. How he would love to try and make it lie flat... no. Nope. He wasn't going to imagine that. He blinked and shook his head a tiny bit.
"Hey guys, do you taste this? This pumpkin juice tastes weird..." Harry said.
"Mine tastes normal," Ron said skeptically.
"Mine too," Hermione said.
"Hm... maybe it's just me, then," Harry said, taking a large swig from his goblet.
"Well, Ron and I better get going," Hermione said.
"For what? I didn't think your class started for another twenty minutes," Harry said.
Hermione blushed furiously, and Ron's face nearly matched his hair. "Well it never hurts to be early," she said breathlessly, as though trying to distract from something. "You two should be off too."
Harry looked at Draco. "What's our next class? Transfiguration?"
Draco nodded and he and Harry stood up.
Harry swayed a bit.
"You alright?" Draco said.
"Er... y—yeah..."
"Harry, you really don't look well," Draco said nervously. He helped Harry walk out of the Great Hall. He began to walk faster until they reached the Room of Requirement.
Draco sat Harry down on the bed. Harry was staring weirdly and swaying back and forth, as though trying not to fall off.
"Harry?" Draco said cautiously. "How are you feeling?"
Harry opened his mouth to speak but instead a surge of vomit came out.
Draco leapt backwards, almost letting go of Harry's clammy hand. "You need help," he said. "Uh... where's your owl?"
"Owlry, probably," Harry managed to say.
"That's too far..." Draco couldn't figure out how to get help if Harry was obviously not well enough to go anywhere. This was proved when Harry fell off the bed with a thump and yanked Draco's arm out of its socket. "Harry? Harry!" He wasn't moving.
Draco slid off the bed and examined him. "Harry?... oh my God, he's not breathing!"
Draco pressed his ear against Harry's chest. His heartbeat was getting slower and slower.
"No, Harry... the pumpkin juice... poison?! Harry!"
Draco leaned over him, hardly believing that Harry could be dying. "No," he murmered. "How...? No..." he felt a burning in his throat as he tried to swallow the large lump that was forming. How was this happening? So suddenly... and who on earth would try to poison Harry Potter? Draco could think of several answers, but he tried to clear his head of the thoughts. He pressed his ear to Harry's heart again. The beat was barely there, whilst Draco's was about to pop out of his chest.
The tears started coming and Draco gasped for breath as he struggled to find something, anything, that could help, as he lay there hugging Harry's still body. And then... lying just feet away, it couldn't have been there a moment ago... a small stone... a bezoar. Draco remembered that it healed most poisons. He grabbed it and shoved it into Harry's mouth. "Come on... swallow it..."
Suddenly Harry's eyes shot open and he started coughing.
"HARRY! Oh my God! I... I thought you were..."
Harry blinked and looked around, apparently confused. He looked positively bewildered at Draco's tear-streaked face.
"What's wrong?" He said.
"What's—what's wrong? Harry, you can't bloody ask me what's wrong when you just... What's wrong with YOU?"
"I don't know," Harry said. "I just woke up like this. Why am I on the ground?"
"You were sick... poisoned, I think... you fell off the bed and you... Harry..."
"Draco! What—?" Harry looked, if possible, even more surprised when Draco hugged him so tightly he nearly crushed him.
Draco began to sob softly again. "Harry... I thought you... I thought you died... scariest thing I've ever seen..."
"I almost died?" Said Harry blankly.
"Yes... and then there was this bezoar that just appeared, and it saved you..."
"Must've been the Room of Requirement's work," Harry said. "Good thing we were in here."
"Yeah... good thing..." Draco's throat became tight again as he imagined what would have happened had they not been in a magical room that supplies one's needs.
"Let's get you to Madam Pomfrey so we can get you cleaned up," Draco said, easing off of Harry. Now that the shock had worn off, he was a little embarrassed at how he had reacted.
"And you," Harry said. "You're shaking more than I am."