37. Morning

"Let's go to sleep now"

Hoseok brushes her hair and stands up to walk out of the room but Sumi grabs his wrist. He glanced back over his shoulder and she gulps while looking up at him, fluttering her lashes.

"You..you can s-sleep here" she lightly bites her trembling lip and looks away from him. Hoseok looked at her and found that she could not meet his eyes.
After a second, their eyes met with a flare of heat, causing her to blush and turn away in flustered embarrassment.

He nodded with a smile. Lying beside her, Hoseok's body curled up and he hugged the pillow so closely, staring at the hair that's falling down her back. His arm supporting his head like a soft pillow, the butterflies came in full force as Sumi turned to his side. Pressure building inside his chest and he flashes her a nervous smile. Sumi lets out a shaky breath before shutting her eyes tightly, trying to fall asleep.

I imagined this since I was a kid.
Having someone to sleep beside me,
knowing that I have someone in this lonely life. The love I always wanted, the care that I wanted to feel, maybe I can finally find it.
I will always love you Sumi.

Hoseok's heart is jumping in happiness as the dream he was dreaming all his life came true. He has a reason to live now, his love, Sumi.

The night is long but both of them still toss and turn around in sleep. They want to hold each other and fall asleep in each other's arms but neither of them has the courage to do that.

***

Sunlight shone through the window as she slowly opened her eyes. Sumi struggled out from under the blanket covers.
Her toes curled, fingers twitched and her eyes blinked before she could stretch. Hoseok's soft snores get her attention and a smile appeared on her lips. She sat beside him for a minute, admiring his tangled hair and his soft lips that took her breath away not too long ago.

Hoseok opens his eyes to look at his wife staring at him as a faint flush rose on her prominent cheekbones.
Embarrassed, she covers her face with her hand and runs towards the restroom. 

Leaning on the door, she internally squeals while tugging on her hair.

The bathroom was white and red. Roses and vines were painted on the walls around the area near the mirror. Scented candles sit on the counter and Sumi lights one before taking a glance at herself in the mirror.

The water slowly warmed her, soothing the ache that clawed at her limbs and the droplets formed steam as she stood there without moving. All the worries that were piled in her were slowly being washed away making her mind and heart rest at peace.

As she washes the shampoo suds off of her, the water sends them in little streams down her back and her fingers combined through her long hair, dancing into the curly mess, ridding it of all the knots.

Sumi gets dressed in her clothes and walks over to the balcony, drying her wet hair.

Air tasting sweeter than usual, she opens her mouth to inhale a deep lungful of spring air. Refreshing smell of morning dew, the rustling of the leaves and the sight of all the flowers on the trees, everything felt new to Sumi and an unknown happiness in her heart warmed up her body.

Her eyes are closed but she can still feel everything that's happening around her.
Even her husband's hands that are resting on her hips.