22. Dad

It's been three months since they got married but their relationship is still getting no where. They're just two strangers living in one home.

Hoseok's love for his wife is increasing as the days pass. He does everything for Sumi making it obvious that he loves her, hoping she would love him back but still, nothing changed.

While both of them are having breakfast in silence, the sound of the bell echoed in the living room and Hoseok goes to answer it.

"Oh hello..hello sir" Hoseok wishes Sumi's father with a bright smile and offers to come in.

"Sumi~! " her father shouts a little loud and she goes running to him before snuggling into his chest like a small child.

"D-dad" she replies softly, her warm tears staining her father's shirt.

"Eyy..why is my baby crying. I'm here now" he chuckles while cupping her cheeks and Hoseok smiles happily at the sight of their reunion.

Somehow, Hoseok just wanted to see that look on his wife's face.
Her being happy was all he wanted. It's okay even if he's not the reason behind that smile.
As long as she's happy,
it's enough for him.

All three of them sit on the couch and have some tea with Mickey on Hoseok's lap.

"Is my Sumi fine now, how is your health?" Her father asks while brushing her hair.

"I'm healthy now. I didn't get sick" she smiles happily and her father mouths a thank you to Hoseok.

"Then when am I getting a grandson?" He hopefully asks and the smile on Sumi's face disappears.
Not knowing how to answer, she sits straight and looks down while fiddling with ends of a small pillow.

"Uh..I'll get ready to work" Hoseok breaks the silence and was about to walk away but Sumi's father stops him.

"It's okay, you can have a break today. You've been working hard. Spend some quality time with your wife" he says and Hoseok nods before bowing to him.

"Thanks for taking care of her" Sumi's father hugs Hoseok before walking out of the apartment.

"Uhm..are you okay?" Hoseok asks Sumi who's biting her lip.
She stands up immediately and plays with her fingers before slightly looking up at him.

"Can..can we uh go out today?" She asks and Hoseok nods his head cutely while smiling at her.

Why is she so nervous to ask something like this.
If only she asks, I will do anything for her.
I'll give her everything she wants.
It's amazing how a person who was once just a stranger, can suddenly mean the world to you.