Forever And Ever And Then Some

Recap:

“POLICE!” a man roared, banging in to the room. Noah screamed out his disappointed anger and was bodily removed from his perch on my stomach.

I sucked in a desperate breath and was instantly surrounded by EMT's, but even they were knocked aside, revealing a fraught looking Ian. “Ian!” I croaked, throwing myself at him. “How? How did you do it?!” I cried.

“He told me everything like an idiot, I recorded it on my phone, went straight to the police, Oh, god, Seth, look at your throat!”

“If you could just move about an inch to the right I could wrap that and give him something for the pain, kid.” A stern-but-sweet-looking woman in her thirties joked. “But then we seriously need to get him to the hospital and really check him out, okay? You can even ride in the back of the ambulance.”

“Okay.” I whispered, moving to where she had enough room to wrap my throat then—on Ian's insistence—he carried me to the back of the ambulance, I was wrapped around him like a baby monkey, clinging to his shoulders and my legs wrapped around his waist.

“SETH!” I heard a girl scream. “Oh, my god!”

I turned to see Nina and Nora staring on horror struck as Noah, kicking and screaming as an officer was screaming out his rights and another trying to force him into the back of a cruiser.

Now:

Seth's P.O.V:

“SETH!” I heard Nina scream in horror.

“Oh, my god!” Nora cried, catching Noah being forced in to the back of a cruiser by the steely eyed Sheriff who smiled kindly at Ian as soon as the door slammed shut behind a wild Noah Sun.

“What happened?” Nina cried, looking dejectedly at the definitive hand prints much too long and thin to be Ian's.

“You better follow us to the hospital.” Ian told them warily, sympathy radiating off of him.

“N-Noah did this?” Nora whispered, glancing back at the rocking police car, her brother's head visibly whipping wildly as he struggled against his bindings, even at a good twenty yards away you could understand his cursing clear as a bell.

“Yeah...” I croaked.

“Why?” Nina asked.

“Because I was in love with Ian.” I hugged the boy in question tighter.

“Ladies, we need to get this boy checked out, if you wanna follow that's fine, you can sit in the waiting room with his boyfriend, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's in critical condition.” The stern EMT told my best friends in the world. They looked so hurt, so confused, but they nodded either way and made their way to Nina's smiling yellow Volkswagen Beetle. I'm not kidding, they literally had it painted like an anime car, a yellow replica of the Japanese reporter car from the beginning of Disney Pixar's movie 'Cars'.

“I can't be there with him when we get to the hospital? I have to wait out in the lobby?” Ian asked looking dejected.

“There are quite a few test he needs to undergo.”

“All the more reason—” he interjected.

“He's going to be asleep through most of it, and on a less professional note, kid, I doubt you'd be able to watch without assaulting a doctor. There's a fare few amount of stitches he'll need from what I can see from here and, god bless the poor boy, even more that I can't see. Right now he should be strapped down on the gurney and I should be checking vitals and such, so if you'd please.” she looked pointedly at me who was clinging to Ian like a baby koala. I gently eased down on the gurney, still holding myself as close to Ian as I could. “Okay, sweetie, I'm going to put in an I.V now and put you to sleep.”