The Plan

Here ya go bubbies, chapter...erm, 7? I dunno, your smart bubbies, figure it out for me ^_~ Tya Oooouuuut!

I was shaking, why was I shaking so bad?

Oh, yeah, the plan. I drew a deep breath, shoving my hands in my pockets so no one could see them shaking.

I'd been mulling it over throughout my first three classes, after my little encounter with Seth in the car, and lunch had arrived...now all that was left was to follow through with it. The stiffened part of my jeans reminding me why I was doing all of this.

I just hoped he realized why I had picked lunch of all times to do this, it was because lunch was when he had come out of the closet. I wanted it to be special for Seth, so that it might be a physical display of my affection for him to be remembered and outshine all others (cough, cough, Noah, cough).

I put on a tight, fake smile and chatted as I waited for what was supposed to be food served on a plastic tray by an nice, yet alarmingly robust woman in purple lipstick and a greasy apron.

Time was mocking me, speeding and slowing at random, the journey down the lunch line that normally dragged sped along as if fate was pushing me, finding my friends was a nightmare even though we sat at the same table we had marked as our three and a half years ago when we were freshmen...there they were, just like always, the cheerleaders were sitting with their football player boyfriends and the few popular but not sporty sat at the fringes—my own lime green chair lay empty at the center of it all right between Wes and Robbie. This High School was my kingdom, these select few boys and girl my Royal Court and Jesters and surrounding us were my people, my commoners and paupers—I was risking everything.

My friends.

My spot on the football team and in extension my scholarship.

My pride.

Why in the hell was I doing this again?

My eyes scanned the crowd, finding them immediately; three Asians, one with his arm slung around Seth's stiff shoulders, all surrounded by fan-girls, surprisingly there was the girl I had tried to bed this past weekend, sitting directly in front of my angel, the dark gold tresses that had been curled and styled now was captured in twin messy braids on either side of her face, her sparkling spearmint-green eyes were hided behind posh rectangular glasses and her tight exposing clothes had been traded for a peasant top and flare leg jeans but there was no mistaking her. She caught me staring at her and waved her fingers at me without even looking away from Seth and Noah, a coy smile playing on her thick lips. I shook my head and it felt like all my worries and fears vanished.

No matter what happened I knew I could always count on two people being in my corner—Tiffany and the nameless girl that seemed to fade into my life right when I needed her the most.

Straightening my shoulders I walked over to the popular table and lay my lunch down but remained standing patiently waiting for them to notice that I wanted their attention which didn't take long as I was the crème de la crème of the school. I cleared my throat once everyone was looking at me with either excited or politely interested faces. “I'm gay.” I announced, everyone—and I do mean EVERYONE—in ear shot's eyebrows rose and jaws dropped. I shrugged and moved my shitty lunch that I wasn't going to eat to begin with, climbing onto my chair and then the table. “HEY!” I shouted, cupping my hands over my mouth so the sound would carry better. “I just want to say, so that everyone knows it's not just a stupid rumor I'M GAY! I'm still Ian Burton though, so don't expect me to lay down and take any discrimination. I'll still kick your frickin' ass—me and whatever friends I have left!” Everything was quiet for the space of three agonizing heartbeats before the fan-girls at Seth's table cheered loudly, I could hear a few feminine 'damn it!'s and even a deep chortling coming from Wes.