Meeting The Burtons

Man, oh man, this was way worse than announcing it to the school, I had never been so nervous in my life!

But somehow with Seth here beside me, cradling my hand in his own, my terror went from being a domineering presence that consumed my entire existence to something similar to the after affects of a migraine; nothing more than a dull beating in the back of my head. I glance at him out of my peripheral vision and noted how he looked so cute sitting there biting his lip, unconsciously rubbing circles over my thumb. I wished I could introduce him as my boyfriend—that I could proudly announce to my parents that he was the boy who had stolen my heart.

Instead I get to announce that he's my...friend—no not that kind of friend, yeah I wish...on and on if I knew my mom. Which after seventeen, nearly eighteen years I hoped I knew my mom well enough to predict what kind of reaction my coming out would drawl from my mother. My dad, that's where the problem was. He was a great bit more withdrawn on the matter, non-commental grunts and 'harrumphs'.

Not the kind of thing you want to hear after announcing you're gay.

“Hey...Ian?” Seth mumbled beside me.

“Yeah?” I ask, almost breathlessly, was he going to say I could introduce him as my boyfriend? God I hope so it would make this go so much smooth-

“Wasn't that your house?” I glanced behind us with a muttered curse, praying I wasn't blushing as badly as I thought I was.

“Yeah, sorry, deep thought.” I grumbled, pulling a quick U-turn in the middle of our deserted street. He squeezing my hand again briefly before we pulled into my drive. “Okay, I should kinda warn you...everyone's home, and...well, it can get a little crazy in there.” He looked slightly alarmed for a moment before his eyes steeled over.

“I'm ready.” he said with a nod, pulling open his door and stepping out. I think I might really love him.

{Seth}

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Everything 'll be fine, just like Ian said. I stared up at the large white Victorian, glowing with age and character with several crazy types of plants growing from the window-boxes and delicate exotic flowers growing from large piles of dirt seemingly carelessly dumped on the porch. Beside the house, leading to the back yard was a Door-Way trellis with Morning Glories, snow peas, tomatoes and green beans all dripping from the top to the bottom of it all. Dotting the front yard was squash, potatoes, pumpkins, zucchini, strawberry bushes, heads of cabbage and broccoli, a blackberry bush, a blue berry bush every fruit or vegetable that could grow in this area like vegetation-graffiti.

Back on the porch there were glass twirlers, wind chimes of all different styles and classes hanging from the porch cover—everything from seashells to copper tubes to glass bottle caps... “Wow.” I breathed.

“My mom can go a little over board sometimes.” Ian shrugged with a slight smile telling me that he loved his mom's craziness. “Come on in, and again, be warned, all my sisters are here, and I think my cousin Nico (knee-co) is too...he's a little...”

Ian trailed off but it wasn't more than three nanoseconds before I knew exactly what he had meant. Ian unlocked the front door and waved me in before him only for me to be tackled back out onto the porch with a very manly scream on my part...oh who am I kidding? I squealed like an eleven year old little girl. “Hello there!” I looked up then, now that the fear of an ax murderer having tackled me were gone, my breath was sucked out of me. This god-like creature in front of me had to be his cousin Nico and all of the sudden I didn't mind so much that he had tackled me to the ground and was holding me there. He was muscular like Ian but a bit bulkier than him, not to the point it was gross, but enough that I would never question being the uke of this relationship. His eyes were an alluring gold, like warm amber waiting to trap me, reverberating off of the dark chocolate waves that made up his hair, all that bundled in a long tan and god-like package had me drooling positively frisky. I didn't know whether to lick him or faint—all thoughts of Ian vanished in a puff of smoke, move over, hot shit, I'm in the presence of a sex god.