Chapter 22

There wasn't a reply. But instead an object flew across the room hitting right at Yoongi's head. Yoongi flinched a little but stood as still as he could not wanting to anger or trigger Mr Kim more. Thick red liquid starts to trickle down his right forehead. Even so, he didn't have any intention to move and wipe the blood away.

"Such a failure." The dark tone boomed across the enclosed area. "Don't prove it to me that you are just a waste of space and a useless asset to me." *Asset* It replayed in his mind. He knew that Mr Kim would never treat him with love or care but sometimes he would bound to have a little hope that one day he will show it to him. Just then, Mr Kim slam the table bringing Yoongi back to reality. "Now are you being influenced by him? You are going to be a mute too?" "N-no s-sir..."

"Cut this crap at this instance! Why the fuck are you stuttering Kim Yoongi! What the fuck is wrong with you! I have no idea how were you my son. This is ridiculous. I've only asked you to be the one and only Min's family son and gain all their trust! I'm not asking you to murder anyone now. Is it that hard? You aren't on a top skilled mission. How could you not prevent that Park Jimin kid into the Min family? You definitely must have not done a good job down there. Or maybe the Mins were tired of you. I should not have entrusted this mission to you. I've forgotten how worthless and incapable you are. You know what you need to do"

Yoongi was supposed to be used to these insults but every single word his father have said had cut deep into his heart as though those words were engraved on it. Leaving no room for healing. He can never go against his father. He knew what was going to happen next so he have no choice but to kneel onto the cold marble floor waiting to receive his punishment.

"Clench your teeth." That was when the first blow from the metal rod came into contact with his back. It took all his strength and willpower to not double over and to stay still in his position. He didn't want to anger or disappoint his father anymore. Mr Kim didn't allow room for breathing. He continuously swing the rod, hitting across Yoongi's back mercilessly. Yoongi clenched his fist on his thighs trying to find a sense of balance. Drops of cold sweat trickle down from his forehead and onto his fabric.

Normally people would have collapsed by now but Yoongi was still kneeling firmly on the ground. His tolerance level was on another whole new level.
He bit his lips hard enough to draw blood to prevent himself from screaming in pain or even whimper from the blows. Mr Kim despise the weak. So he was trained not to show his weakness to anyone. The last time he recalled himself letting out an almost inaudible whimper which was heard by his father, who had gotten so angry that he had hit his leg continuously until he made sure that it was fractured. Just when Yoongi thought he was about to collapsed, the beating finally came to a halt. His dressed shirt was now glued onto his back by his own blood and perspiration.

Mr Kim fished out a black silk handkerchief and wiped off the blood stains on the metal rod as though it was just a daily occurrence. He placed the rod back in place and sat on the edge of his office table glaring down at his own son. "I hope you have learned your lesson and that I have put you back in place. Go back to the Min's family and do your mission properly. Do what you need to do. Get that peasant out of the house. I don't care what method you use as long as that kid doesn't interfere our business. Stop acting like you care for the kid. You are heartless and ruthless just like me. Yoongi. It runs in the blood. Just remember that if you have forgotten your lesson or your position, you are always welcome back here to learn." He gave him a warm smile before turning into a snarl "Now fuck off."

Yoongi tried his best to push himself up despite the numbness on his legs and the pain burning on his back. He quickly walked to the door but stumble in the process. "Weak." that was the last word he heard from Mr Kim before he shut the door behind him. He walked as fast as he could to get out of the Kim's mansion. Only to realise that he have been holding his breath when he had stepped out of the mansion. Yoongi tried his best to stabilise his breathing with one hand supporting on the wall and the other on his thigh.

*Fuck! Why are you so fucking weak! You're so freaking useless.* He shook his head, trying to get back some sense before walking towards the car that is waiting to drive him back home. Once the car had started driving onto the highway, he slowly took off his shirt, suppressing his grunts as much as he could. He can never be weak in front of anyone. He grabbed some bandages from the back and started to wrap around his torso. Yoongi didn't bother cleaning his wounds. Not like he ever bother to. If given a choice, he wouldn't even bother to use the bandage. But he have to cover up his wounds to prevent anyone from asking where his wounds or scars came from.

He was dropped off at the alley near the Min's mansion. He disposed off the bloodily stained shirt not wanting to leave any clues of the incident that had just happened an hour ago. Luckily the car had an extra shirt for emergency purposes. Yoongi took a deep breath as he stood outside the main door. He recollects himself, removing any hints of pain on his face as he entered the house.

"Mom? Dad?" There was no reply. *They must have went to the hospital to visit Jimin...* He slowly walked up the stairs, trying to reduce as much friction between his badly bruised back and the bandage as much as possible. Yoongi made a beeline to his room. As he passed by Jimin's room, the memories of Jimin laying motionlessly replayed in his mind. He wondered how did Jimin reached that state. Why did he cut himself. He couldn't figure out why would people cut themselves when they are depressed. It just shows that they are weak and they wanted attention isn't it?

Before he knew it, he was standing in front of Jimin's bathtub. He had no idea why he was there. But a shiny silver object caught his eye. He knelt down and picked up the stained metal. *Does this really help?*

(A/n: Oh god guys... sorry for the super long wait. I hope you guys haven't left this book. I wanted to make the plot more interesting so I was somehow stuck even though I already have the plot planned out. Will update soon! Hope you guys still love this book! Am really glad to see that there are still supporters for this book and more people are reading! Thanks! Remember to vote and comment! :))