Finding Happiness - Part 7

Sarah decided to go home with Cobbe since she is still living with her parents and a brother. I just met her parents the night of Fred and Kath's burial and they seems nice and i think strict in a way. While I decided to think.. thorougly, deeply and with all my mind and soul. 

This could change my life if we take the custody of Cobbe. Am I ready for that?

After a week, hindi ko na kayang mag-isip pa so I decided to go out. Sakto naman na may night out ang team, this is the first time I gone out with the team without Fred. Kailangan ko to para marelax ako ng konti.

Club.

'Pare! Akala namin hindi ka pupunta. Im sorry bro.' One of my team mates said while giving me a bump.

'It will be hard but we have to move on. Rhum cola please.' I said. It felt so wrong being in this place at this time but I need someone to talk to.

'Ano ng balita pare?' One said.

'Heto. Magulo ang utak. Can you believe that Fred gave me the custody of Cobbe. Well, since he dont have any family here i get that. Pero, kilala nyo ko pare. I dont do these stuff. If I want to, I can have one. Kaya nga I use protection para hindi ako magkaanak tapos of all people, that jerk gave me one.' I said without even breathing. 

Bro, you've got me this time.

'Maybe Fred thought of what's best for his son. Think of this as a blessing. Ayaw mo nun instant. Walang naglihi. May chicks pa!' And they laughed. 

'This is just too fast. And with that woman, ni hindi nga ako makausap ng 10 minuto na hindi ako sinusungitan eh.' 

'Sabihin mo nakahanap ka lang ng babae na hindi gumana yang pagka-chikboy mo. Nakahanap ka ng katapat mo noh!' 

'Mga sira.' 

I wanted to enjoy the night but I have a weird feeling, i feel uneasy. I decided to go to the bathroom but then i heard my phone ring. I step out of the club and as i look at who was calling.

Sarah Calling..

It's past 12. Bakit kaya.

'Hello Sarah? Everything ok?'

'Gerald, si Cobbe ang taas ng lagnat.' She said na parang maiiyak na. 'Papunta na kami ng ospital ni mommy, sunod ka.'

'Of course. Hintayin nyo ko dun.' 

'Thanks Ge.'

'Thank you as well for calling me. I'll see you sa hospital.'

'Ingat ka.' And then she hungs up.

I returned to our table, explained what happen and bid everyone goodbye. 

'Sige Daddy Gerald, Ingat!' 

'Mga loko loko.'

Ospital.

Pagkadating ko sa ospital, nakita ko agad ang mommy ni Sarah sa lobby. 

'Tita, nasaan po sila?' At nagmano. I have a high level of respect on moms maybe because I respect my own too much.

'Room 214 iho.'

'Sige po, akyat po muna ko.'

Tumango lang sya at tumakbo na ko sa hagdan. 

Room 214

Cobbe Payawan

Knock. Knock.

Pagkabukas ko ng pinto ay nakita ko si Sarah na nakaupo at nakahiga ang ulo sa kama at tinatapik si Cobbe. I felt my heart softened. 

I decided to sit beside her and look at her. She looks tired pero hindi nabawasan ang kagandahan nya. I unconsciously touch her face which made her move a little. Ang fragile nya tignan, who would let her go and worst.. ipagpalit?

Ayan ka na naman Gerald. Control yourself.

She then woke up and bit surprised that I was there, beside her and looking at her.

'Hi.' I said with a smile.

'Hi. Kanina ka pa? Sorry ah di ko kasi alam gagawin ko kaya tinawagan na kita.' She explains while looking at me and Cobbe.

'Ano ka ba, thankful nga ako na tinawagan mo ko. How was he?' Dapat bawasan ko na ang masyadong pagtitig sa kanya so I looked at Cobbe instead.

'Sabi ng doctor, okay na daw sya. They have to admit him for tonight for observation. Buti na lang nakuha ko sa bahay nila Kath yung name ng doctor nya.' She sighed.  'I was worried. I should be taking care of him. Kaso parang di pa rin enough. Kasi si Kath. Bakit ba sya kailangan mawala. This is just unfair.' And her tears started to fall. I held her hand and hugged her. 

'You don't have to do this alone, you know. They chose us. I will help you.' 

She faced me. Confused.  'Are you sure?'

'Yes. No turning back.'

+++++++++++++++++++++++

@arianeffinbass on twitter! (: