Chapter 32

"Where's Sungmi ?"

As soon as Taehyung returned to gelato, he was welcomed by the absence of Sungmi.

"God knows"

Jungkook said nonchalantly. The way he said made it apparent that something happened between him and Sungmi.

"You prick, what did you tell her!"

Taehyung grabbed the collar of Jungkook , ready to pounce on him any time.

"Chill Hyung. Why do you care?"

Jungkook looked him in the eye, daring him to speak up. Taehyung let go of Jungkook and left the place without uttering a single word, determined to find Sungmi.

Monday arrived without any interaction between Jungkook and Sungmi and she was relieved that she didn't have to encounter with him. She couldn't understand why she even loved him, when he loathed her to death. Little part of her was telling that it's better if she left him now which would cause less duration of time to suffer. On the other hand , other part of her was telling that if she stayed , it would be worth it. Even though she didn't know the benefits of staying any longer, she dismissed the thought of leaving him for the sake of saving her parents dignity.

Sungmi was not at all in the mood to cook , but she made breakfast for Jungkook and left the house in order to catch her train to workplace.

As soon as she arrived the office , she was summoned by her sunbae.

"Did you call me , sunbae ?"

"Care to explain what happened that day ?"

Taehyung inquired her, his eyebrows knitted into a fine line on his forehead as he squinted his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was feeling unwell."

Sungmi muttered while looking at the floor, her lie was obvious.

"You don't have to lie to me, Sungmi. If there's anything you wanna share, I will always be there. Got it ?"

Sungmi nodded , still looking at the floor as she fiddled her fingers. She was about to leave but she halted in midways.

"I really had a nice time. Thank you, oppa!"

Sungmi said with the brightest smile she could flash and rushed out of the cubicle , embarrassed with her own use of word. On the contrast, Taehyung's once gloomy mood was replaced with a buoyant mood. He smiled at himself as he recalled how she called him "oppa"

"Ok mom, I got it. Bye "

Jungkook hanged up the phone as he messaged his temple. There were so many works to catch up , but apparently there was change in his plan.

Jungkook's mother called him to inform that his grandmother was ill and there was no one to visit her. So she asked him to go to Busan with Sungmi so that they could pay her a visit. And there was no way he could decline his mother's request as he loved his grandmother as much as he loved his mother.

He decided to leave Seoul tonight so that he could return tomorrow.
As he was on the way to home he quickly texted Sungmi.

Get ready and pack bags.

When he went back home he thought he would see Sungmi getting ready but he was wrong. He found her in her room still wearing her work clothes, sleeping peacefully just like an angel.

She must me tired.

He thought as he packed random clothes and utensils which were lying in her room which she might need in a bag and went to pack his bag as well. After he was done , he went back to Sungmi's rooms and picked her up in bridal style and took her bag and marched out of the house to put her in the car.