Athena P.O.V

Okay guys I'm back...is there any point in me trying to explain why I didn't update?? Sowwyy ♡♥♡
Here you go:

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Most people would love to be a God or a Goddess but no, Perceus Jackson is apparently too good for that. He turned down immortality. If I wasn't the Goddess of wisdom I would be saying "Why the Hades did he do that?" But I am. So I'm not asking that.

***********5 Minuets Earlier*******

"The Council agrees. Percy Jackson," Zeus announced, "You will have one gift from the gods."

"Any gift?" Perceus wondered. I internally groaned, knowing what he would ask for. Perseus was exactly like his father; arrogant, stupid, cocky..the list just goes on. Imagine having to live with him for the rest of eternity. I almost puked at the thought.

"I know what you will ask," Zeus said reluctantly confident, silencing my train of thought annoyingly easily. "The greatest gift of all. Yes, if you want, it shall be yours. The gods have not bestowed this gift on a mortal hero in many centuries, but, Perseus Jackson—if you wish it—you shall be made a god. Immortal. Undying. You shall serve as your father's lieutenant for all time."

"Um…a god?" he repeated, dumbstruck.

"A dimwitted god, apparently," Zeus muttered as his eyes rolled. "But yes. With the consensus of the entire Council, I can make you immortal. Then I will have to put up with you forever." I doubt he enjoyed the idea.

"Hmm," Ares mumbled to himself. His voice sounded like he was underwater. "That means I can smash him to a pulp as often as I want, and he'll just keep coming back for more. I like the idea." Of course he would. He still wasn't over being defeated by Percy when he was twelve, and I doubt that he ever would, until he got a chance to prove himself.

Then a thought struck me. If Percy-Perseus- becomes immortal, then he would stay away from Annabeth!

I looked at Annabeth, her eyes a replica of my own. "I approve aswell" I said.

Perseus looked at Annabeth.

He looked back at Zeus.

He looked back at Annabeth.

He looked at Poisoden.

And back at Annabeth.

"No."

His voice rung through the throne room, vibrating in my head, repeating itself over and over. No. And I knew why.

I should have seen it the moment they met. Their petty fights. Jealous of Rachel. Jealous of Luke. Risking their life for each other. Breaking down when the other was injured. Exuses to hold hands. It was so blindingly obvious that I was actually ashamed that I didn't see it first. Or put a stop to it straight away.

But I wouldn't be able to, they were inseparable. Heck, if one of them fell into tatarus the other one would willingly jump in just so they were together.

Which is why love is stupid. It blinds people and makes them do stupid things. It isn't logical and it doesn't make any sense. Love is stupid but Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase were undoubtedly in love, even if they weren't aware of it yet.

All my efforts to keep them away from each other were gonna fail. They were soulmates.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

There ya' go guys. That was a crappy chapter but ah well. And did anyone notice my TFIOS almost-quote in there??? Still not watched TFIOS yet cause it's not even out in Britain yet :'( Anyway I'll update soon ♡♥♡