Ch 22- London Bridge is Falling Down..... (Part 1)

Darkness.

That's what surrounded Emily. She floated in nothing and felt nothing.

That is, until an invisible string seemed to start pulling her down further into the darkness, many images and what looked like memories running past her as it did. The images looked more like thin pieces of mirrors, showing her someone's life. Many of the images showed whoever the person was killing a lot of people.

She could only assume she was in a certain demons lifetime she was seeing.

An image came up from under her and she went crashing into it, the image shattering and then dissolving, becoming like her own memory.

*****

A woman laid in her once pearly white bathtub, a look of both pain and heartache all over her face. The tub was no longer pearly because now it was covered in her own blood, including the woman inside it, whose stomach she held with red caked hands.

The woman was young, at least in her early to mid twenties. She had pale skin, soft blue eyes, and a tall figure any human male would drool over. The tips and small streaks of her dark blonde hair were dripping with blood, giving her the appearance of highlights.

What looked like a doctor and two nurses sat on either side of the tub, working at something also covered in blood and connected to the woman by a thin tube at her lower region. A nurse took out a pair of surgical scissors and handed it to the doctor, who cut the cord connecting the unborn fetus to the woman. The other nurse took out a medical waste bag, which the doctor put the fetus in along with the placenta. They then tried to help clean up the woman, but she slapped their hands away immediately. The medical team proceeded to clean up their instruments and left the bathroom, taking the unborn baby with them.

They were all oblivious to the presence watching them from the shadows.

"I feel so bad for her. This is the fourth time this has happened," the presence heard one of the nurses say, sympathy written all over her face as she closed the bathroom door behind them.

It nearly scoffed at the woman. It just couldn't understand the human need to sympathize with each other.

"She should have realized it wasn't possible for her to remain pregnant after the third. Maybe now she'll see reason and explore her other options," the doctor replied as he removed his glasses and wiped them clean with a cloth he'd pulled from his lab coat pocket.

'Well, at least someone has a good head on his shoulders,' the presence thought to itself, watching as the doctor and nurses took their leave. It turned and watched as the woman still in the bloody tub stared at the wall stoically before tears streamed down her face and she started bawling. 'I think it is time I make my entrance.'

"You know, it has been a long time since a woman called on me," the presence, clearly male, said as he stepped out from the shadows, his heeled boots clicking against the tile floor as he did so. "Although, I must say, this is the first time a huntress has called on me... And a pure blooded one at that."

The woman gasped as she heard him speak and looked up, visibly shaken by what she saw standing in front of her. Her eyes widened and her body started vibrating as fear traveled through her veins.

Her fear coiled around him, pulling at his hunger and driving him nearly mad as it mixed with the smell of her soul. Her soul wasn't anything too special, but it was worth a decent meal in the long run.

"Probably because most of them are smart enough not to call on you," the woman replied, her voice strong despite her shaking.

"And yet you did... So what does that make you?" he asked, feeling the smile spread across his face.