Ch 5- The Huntress, Bed Ridden...?

At first, all Emily could feel was the numbness when sleep finally eluded her. Then, when that wore off, all she could feel was pain. The pain was too intense for her to handle.

Emily looked around her room and saw that Sebastian was gone. She then looked out the window and saw dusk peaking in. She had slept nearly a entire day.

"Sebastian," Emily called, barely even a whisper came out and her voice was hoarse.

None the less, Sebastian was at her side, looking down at her with his crimson eyes. She thought she saw worry flash in his eyes as he saw the pain on her face, but dismissed it at once. Demons felt nothing for humans.

"Are you in pain, My Lady?" Sebastian asked as he knelt down beside her bed.

Emily could do nothing but nod as a pain erupted in her torso.

"Excuse my behavior, My Lady," Sebastian said. He sat down on the bed, pulled back her covers, and carefully lifted her nightgown.

Emily was just happy she had on underwear.

Sebastian's eyes widened as he looked down at her wound.

Overnight, the poison had been swept out by Sebastian's demon blood. However, seeing how Emily's wound had quickly scabbed over, the poison had simply bubbled and festered beneath the scab.

"Do you trust me, My Lady?" Sebastian asked as he pulled out a sterilized scalpel, being the demon he was.

"Yes," Emily replied, her voice still hoarse.

"Shhhhh. For the next few moments, I am going to ask you yes or no questions. Can you nod your head for me when I ask them?" Sebastian asked, pulling off a glove with his teeth after he did so. Emily nodded. "Good." He then pushed his ungloved hand sideways into her so his pinky was touching her cheek and he placed a fresh towel carefully under her torso where the wound was darkest. She looked at him worriedly. "Trust me?" He placed the sharp, cold end of the scalpel on the wound, making her wince as she nodded. "On the count of three. One..."

Sebastian cut into her wound, making pus pore out of the wound.

Emily nearly cried out against Sebastian's hand, making it muffled as tears brimmed at the corners of her eyes.

"It will be alright. Bite down on my hand as hard as you like," Sebastian said as he started to clean her wound. She hesitated. "It is alright."

Emily bit down harder and harder as the pain seemed to get worse. After she started to taste blood in her mouth, she stopped biting. The blood slid down her throat, acting as somewhat of a pain reliever.

Sebastian chuckled when he felt her tongue graze over his now healing hand.

After what felt like a lifetime to Emily, Sebastian finally had all the pus and poison out of her. He then stitched up her wound, fast yet gentle.

Sebastian removed his hand from Emily's mouth and licked away the few droplets of blood that remained on his now healed hand before replacing his glove.

"All better?" Sebastian smiled down at her.

"What happened to two and three?" she asked.

"It hurts less if you do not see it coming. At least that is what I have heard," he chuckled as he removed the dirty towel and she watched as it burned into nothing. He then readjusted her and fixed her nightgown.

"Sebastian?" Emily called, already tired. He into her eyes again. "I know you have to... because of the contract... but..."

A knock at the door stopped Emily. They both looked at each other. It Sebastian was caught in here with her, it would look suspicious.