Ch 6- Failed Attempts

(Alpha and Beta Team)

Alucard didn’t know how much longer he’d be able to hold out against this cloaked figure, and he didn’t want to risk this person going after Cara. That thought had gotten him through the battle so far, but how long would it last?

The figure could tell Alucard wouldn’t last much longer, and it was only a matter of dodging and waiting now.

Alucard stumbled back after the last attack, his head downcast as he breathed heavily and held his bleeding arm.

The figure chuckled darkly, watching from the blackness of their cloak.

Alucard looked up slowly, his eyes glowing red and his blood returning to his body.

The figure watched with unseen horrified eyes as Alucard’s teeth turned into deadly rows of sharp fangs and his hair blew around him in the unfelt wind. Alucard started slowly stalking toward them.

Acting fast, the figure turned and grabbed Allison, positioning the teenager in front of them so the now terrified Allison was blocking them.

Alucard kept advancing, however, until one thing stopped him.

“Alucard, stop!” Cara’s voice rang out from behind him when she realized he wasn’t going to stop. He turned his head toward her, his breathing hard as he looked at her from the corner of his eye. “I know you’ll shot her if you have to, but she won’t choose to be a vampire like Seras did. She doesn’t need to die.”

As Cara talked to Alucard, Allison’s siblings noticed something off about her.

(When the Figure Grabbed Allison)

The figure grabbed Allison with strong hands, pulling her against their hard chest. The figure was taller and stronger than her, making it easy for them to overpower her.

‘Oh, God,’ Allison thought, trying to control her breathing and the tears threatening to come from her eyes. She watched with wide eyes as Alucard kept stalking toward them, her death mere feet away.

‘Do you want me to help you?’ a deep voice resounded in her mind as Cara stopped Alucard.

Allison, having heard it a few times, recognized the voice as Claude’s.

‘Why would you help me? Are you not contracted to Alois?’ Allison asked, knowing he was inside her head at the moment.

‘That can just as easily be undone,’ Claude retorted.

Alois suddenly hollered out, his hand over his mouth as a terrible pain erupted from it. His tongue flicked in and out of his mouth as he sat on the ground on his hands and knees, trying to make the pain stop.

People who had turned to watch looked as Alois’ contract symbol disappeared from his mouth.

Allison’s thoughts went wild as she too watched.

The figures hold on her throat tightened as they watched, confused as to what was happening.

‘You do realize if I say no, you just lost your future meal,’ Allison thought.

‘I am aware. Now, do you want my help or not? You have seen what the figure has done in the past. You know they will kill you in a heartbeat,’ Claude thought back.

Allison was quiet for a moment.

‘My sister will be angry with me,’ Allison thought.

‘I have a contract of my own. If I were to become angry with you for this, I would be a hypocrite, now would I not?’ Emily’s voice suddenly said in her head. Emily had been using her own gift to block out the rest of their family as Allison talked with Claude, and she was doing the same now.