Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen 

“So how has your day been?”

“Good, really good. I went out for lunch with Liam, went on some crazy scavenger hunt with Niall, went –” I stopped mid-sentence and felt my face blush all over.

“Why’d you stop?”

“I just realized that you probably know all about this stuff. There’s no point in telling it over again.”

We walked a few more steps and the park began turning into a bit more of a wooded area. “I wouldn’t mind. I’d like to hear it from your point of view.” He gave another one of his dazzling smiles and I couldn’t help but grin back.

The rest of our walk to, well, wherever we were going, consisted of me going on and on about how I spent my time doing what with each boy and what I had thought when we were doing it. By the time I finally finished talking, my throat felt incredibly dry and slightly hoarse.

The sun was on the verge going down fairly soon and when Louis stopped at a small opening, I was happy.

“You want to test out that football Harry got you?”

“I’m in a dress, Louis! I’d flash you! Thanks, but I’ll pass.”

“Is somebody scared?” He had an evil smirk on his face and I knew that whatever he was planning, wouldn’t be good.

“I’m not scared.”

“Then bring it on, Cassie.”

Bighting my lip, I tried to hold back from letting the words slip out of my mouth. “You're on.”

I threw my bag on the ground and together, Louis and I played a small scrimmage of one-on-one soccer. I was absolute crap at playing the sport when I actually had to show some basic skill, but it was still fun to play all the same.

“Tomlinson has the ball, he’s running, he’s running, and he’s running. Tate is no match for the great Tommo-Tomlinson as he runs down the field. My God, her efforts are futile against his. He’s at the goal, he’s going, she’s blocking, he swings, he kicks, and he scores! People of the world: Louis Tomlinson scores the winning goal! Victory!” Louis screamed at the top of his lungs as he ran back and forth and all over the small field.

I was lying on my back staring up at the sky, laughing as he kept on getting louder and louder. “You know it doesn’t count! I wasn’t in net when you scored!”

“Oh, Cassie, you just wish you had half the skill that I do.” He slid down into the grass and ended up right beside me. “You know, you’re quite the sour sport,” he flicked my nose, causing me to scrunch it up like a rabbit.

The sun had set not too long ago and everything around us was covered in that blue evening glow.

“Can you believe that it’s already August? It feels like everything is going by so quickly.”

“I know, it’s crazy. And in less than twenty-four hours you guys will be on an airplane to finish your tour. And in a few months you’re already releasing another album.”

“The life of a celebrity.”

His voice sounded tired and when I looked over, his gaze was held to the sky as he let out a deep sigh.

“Do you ever wish that you weren’t so famous? That you weren’t part of the band?”

He shook his head. “No . . . well, sometimes, when I have those days where everything feels like it’s going wrong, but most of the time I don’t. I do wish some things, though, were a bit different.”