Chapter Nine

So uhh...I just saw Lady GaGa in concert last night....that was an experience and a half 

Chapter Nine

Surprisingly, Louis kept his promise. For the entire month of November, it was just like old times. Louis and Cassie, Cassie and Louis. We’d hang out on the weekends, sometimes with the guys, sometimes with Allison, sometimes just us two. If not on the weekends, we’d see each other during the week. In some strange way, we were making this thing work. Zayn was even more surprised than I was.

“So it’s really been working out, hasn’t it?”

“Strange, but yeah.”

 “What about your feelings?”

“Completely forgotten. In fact, there’s a guy I’ve actually been seeing. Nothing too serious, but he’s honestly amazing. I’m seeing him tomorrow.”

“Thanks for telling me.”

“I’m telling you now, aren’t I?”

“I guess you are,” he chuckled. “And Alli doesn’t mind you two hanging out so much?” Zayn said referring back to Louis and me.

“She hasn’t said anything. Why?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Just wondering.”

"Okay. Speaking of her when are we supposed to meet up with everybody?”

He looked down at his watch. “Ten minutes. We better head over there.”

The walk from the park to the restaurant took half of that, us arriving five minutes earlier than everybody else.

“Your waiter will be with you in just a moment.”

I flipped the menu open to the burgers. “I have no idea about you, but I am starving. I swear I could eat a cow the size of Texas right about now.”

“That’s my kind of woman.” I looked up to see Niall grinning from ear to ear, followed by Liam laughing right behind him.

“Hey lads,” Zayn gave a small smile.

“So any idea what we’re meeting about?” Liam said as he sat down beside me and across from Zayn, while Niall sat beside Zayn and across from me.

“Something about Louis’ birthday, I think? Harry’s out with him right now and it was the only chance when he wouldn’t be with us. Plus we’re all hanging out tonight so it just made it easier,” Zayn said as he flipped through the menu.

“I’m pretty sure it’s just going to be a surprise party. You can’t really do much else on such short notice. It’s only a couple of weeks away.” I added in.

“Sorry I’m late everybody, just got caught up in traffic.” Alli came bustling in and took the last remaining chair at the end of the table.

My guess was right and we mainly talked about his birthday. It was just going to be simple at the apartment and all his friends were going to be invited. I suggested just to keep the amount of people small but Alli insisted on making it a true celebrity party, adding more and more people by the minute. By the time we finished planning the party that Louis would hopefully never forget, the other boys joined us.

“Teams are simple: Louis and Allison, Liam and Zayn, and Niall, Cassie and I will be a team of three.”

“That’s not fair! You guys have an extra person!”

“I wouldn’t worry too much about it, Liam, it’s just Cassie.”

I glared at Louis. “We’re going to kick your ass so I’d watch it if I were you, Tomlinson.”