Chapter Eight

So just a quick note: Most of these beginning chapters were written like back in November/December of last year and looking back on them now I think the way I write now has improved, maybe just the slightes bit, but enough to make me cringe reading this a little bit aha. Hope you still like it.

Chapter Eight

I tried my best to look as presentable as I could. Zayn’s shirt was more than a little big on me so I tied it up at the back. My hair was a whole other story that just simply couldn’t be tamed without a brush – a brush that I didn’t currently possess. I splashed some water onto my face and figured I was as ready as I’d ever be.

In the kitchen I found Harry making pancakes while Niall, Liam, and Zayn sat at the counter eating them.

“Hey, guys.” I slid onto the stool beside Liam. Everybody except for Zayn stopped what they were doing and stared. And not just a normal hey-look-Cassidy’s-up stare but a where-the-hell-did-you-come-from-why-are-you-here stare. So I’m guessing Zayn forgot to inform the others of my little sleepover.

“Cassidy?” Liam’s eyebrows furrowed. “When did you get here?”

“Um, yesterday? Seriously, Li, did you not notice me at all last night?”

“Wait, you mean you slept over?”

I slowly nodded my head. I picked his fork out of his hand and used it to eat some of the blueberry goodness off of his plate.

“Where did you sleep? I didn’t see you on the couch.” It was Niall’s voice who spoke up this time.

I swallowed. “I slept in Zayn’s room.”

Harry’s face lit up with a smirk. “So that explains the sex hair.”

My face burst into flames as my throat made a choking noise. “It is not sex hair! My hair just happens to be incredibly curly and when it is knotted it doesn’t happen to look its greatest! Just because my hair looks a certain way does not mean in any way, shape, or form, that I had sex or did anything of the sort!” Zayn laughed as he kept eating, Liam looked about as uncomfortable as I did, and Niall either didn’t notice or didn’t care as he just shoveled more food into his mouth.

“Well you are wearing his shirt. As I recall you had one of your own last night, so I see no need to wear his.”

"I spilt tea on mine! He brought me tea and I accidentally spilt down my front!”

Niall burst out laughing, almost choking on his pancakes. “Like that’s believable!”

“It’s the truth though! Zayn!”

He stayed silent and made no effort to help the situation. He just laughed with the others.

“Fine, believe what you want. But if you heard any noise last night it certainly wasn’t Zayn and I!”

That just sent Harry into hysterics all over again.

"You sure that moaning and groaning wasn’t you? I mean it was pretty loud – Hey!” Liam smacked Niall across the head.

“Leave the poor girl alone. She’s had enough grilling from you guys.”

That seemed to shut them up. I smiled gratefully towards Liam and took another bite of his pancake.

“What’s with all the laughing? You guys aren’t exactly the quietest bunch.” Louis emerged from the hallway.

“Oh, nothing. Just discussing Cassidy and Zayn’s sex life.”