Drained Blood

Drained Blood

I couldn't take any more. The knot in my gut would not leave and my stomach felt as if it was digesting itself. I felt sick, I felt guilty. I felt used. How could this have happened?

The guilt and the fear and the finger-pointing were taking their toll on me. I needed a release from the stress and the anguish and the guilt that was weighing me down, eating me up. I needed to be cleansed, be rid of the spilled blood I felt now flowed through my own veins. The blood was not meant for me.

I sat on the cold white-tiled floor in the bathroom and rummaged in my vanity case. I found a disposable razor. I gazed at the razor blade, looked at it as if it were something mystical, something mysterious,  

I drew the blade slowly across the pad on my index finger and closed my eyes, savouring the pain and the release it gave me. I smiled as my blood welled up like a glistening wet garnet. i watched, entranced, as the blood began to trickle down the length of my finger and into the palm of my hand. I sat there, eyes closed again, bloodied palm outstretched.

I raised my hand to my mouth and slowly licked at the red stream. The flavor of metal on my tongue clambed began to thaw out the chill in my bones and made me feel a few moments of calm and peace.

But I needed more. Wanted more. A trickle was not enough when what I wanted was a scarlet gush to flush out the dirt. I had to cut deeper, harder. I needed to drain the blood.

I didn't want to die. I don't think I could die, The state I was in I mean Vampire or not I just wanted to bleed. To feel what it was like to be one of my victims, to release the pain and guilt of what I have done. My parents were gone. laura couldnt help me now.

I drew the blade down the length of my forearm, deep enough for the wound to drip blood, but not deep enough to bleed me dry.

I felt the chemical rush of endorphins and adrenaline kick in as the blood dripped on to the clinical white tiles and the pain made my shut her eyes tight and take in her breath sharply. I didnt deserve to live, no i couldntt live i was already dead.

I looked at the pool of my own blood, warm, wet and fluid, in stark contrast to the cold, hard ceramic. I dipped her fingers in the crimson pool and began to write on the floor.

She wrote, in bold letters.

Vampire Red.

I new what was coming, the head Vampires. they would send me away, I would leave Laura and Damon behinde. Damon. I didnt deserve him. 

I hope i find him again......

++