Chapter 20 | Fear

Sorry for the long wait. Found it pretty hard to write this chapter for some reason. We're nearing the end guys!!

Corrections and feedback are appreciated.

_____________________________________

The vibrant blue Susanoo she had only heard stories about. Asami saw it for the first time a few hours. The Uzumaki was too far away to take in all the details, to see the owner of the humanoid avatar.

Asami knew it was Madara though, not only because of the stories from the past, but also because she easily sensed Madara's powerful chakra. One didn't need to be a sensor type to feel this incredible power.

She was fascinated by the Uchiha's Susanoo, comforted by his chakra. It eased her, while it frightened others. That truth bothered her, but she tried not to think about it. There were times when Madara scared her too, but she was only fearing for the outcome of this war now.

The vibrant blue was no more. It had made place for a blood red moon and a gigantic tree. She couldn't see Madara, only sense his chakra. Clouds of dust were rising, and Asami saw flashing of lights in multiple colours. The battle went on for hours, until something happened that made all her muscles in her body tense. Goosebumps rose on her skin as Madara's comforting chakra changed into one that frightened her. It was icy, and so much more powerful. It made her feel sick, uneasy to the point that it drove her mad.

She couldn't stay where she was anymore, so she ran.

Asami intended to stay far away from the fight against Madara. She did not want to get involved in that, but she couldn't sit still now. She promised to be there at the end, but had it already come? So fast?

Until now, she'd had an idea of what was going on over there, but Asami was clueless now. She wanted to know, needed to know, what happened.

Physically, she couldn't feel the frustration, the fear, but her mind was flooding with unsettling thoughts which only made her run faster.

What was this sudden change? Did Madara die? But his chakra was so powerful just a few seconds ago... Asami was lost, confused, but also afraid of the answers to her questions while she desperately wanted to know those.

What if it was over already? Madara couldn't be gone yet. There were still things she wanted to tell him, things she couldn't tell him during their first encounter here. Fear held her back. She'd hoped to tell him a few things, also about Kouta, later on, although finding the right moment was going to be nearly impossible. After all, she couldn't pause a war just to have a chat with the enemy...

Asami kept thinking, but she couldn't organise her thoughts in the slightest. What was going on in her head was comparable to a busy crossroad. Thoughts were coming from every side, not a single want wanted to let the other go first, so they all crossed at the same time. Asami was sure, that if she was able to perceive physical sensations, she's be having a unbearable headache right now. Though she couldn't feel physical pain, Asami did feel the stress and the nausea these bothersome thoughts were giving her.

And while she thought that it couldn't get any worse, fear struck her hard. So hard, so sudden, that she stopped moving. With wide open eyes, she stared into the distance, hoping she could see anything that would explain why and how.

Her breath trembled, her hands were shaking.

That strong chakra....

It was gone.