XXIX: Closure

May 31

"Kaiyoka, are you sure about this?" Hikaru asked me. We were sitting down at a table in the host club, just having cleared out the last few guests with the rest of our friends. I eyed Hikaru, not quite believing what I was hearing.

"Am I sure I want to teach the girl who put me in the hospital a lesson? Am I sure that I want to show her that Kyouya will never be hers? Am I sure that I want to beat her up?" I raised an eyebrow. "The answer is yes to any of those questions. Hikaru laughed, leaning back in his chair.

"No, what I meant was, are you sure you don't want anyone else to get involved?" I nodded, already set in my answer.

"Absolutely. If anyone else were to get involved, first of all, she'd spin it and try to put me in a bad light. And secondly, I want the satisfaction of beating her under completely fair circumstances."

"You're right, I suppose that's fair. I guess I just wanted the opportunity to mess with someone." He didn't elaborate, and I laughed as he smirked mischievously.

"Of course you do. I'll give you this, though; if you prank her, which I may or may not be endorsing, my mouth is sealed." I winked at him, and he high-fived me. With that, I stood up, ready to go. I called out to anyone else who was listening,

"I'm leaving, you guys. I'll be back once I'm done!" Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai wished me luck, and Tamaki-senpai told me to be safe. I got the up-to-no-good wave from the twins, who I knew were already planning something, and Haruhi wished me luck as well. Kyouya, however, approached me and took my hand.

"Let's go," He said, walking with me in the direction of the door. I looked over at him, surprised and confused.

"You don't have to come with me," I began, but cut myself off upon seeing the look on Kyouya's face. He was already determined.

"I'm coming with you," He declared, the note of finality in his voice evident. I nodded after a moment, and with that, we walked out of the room together. We didn't say much as we walked toward the judo club meeting room, both stuck in our own worlds. I was rehearsing every move I knew in my mind, and the skills were still rolling through my head by the time we got to the door. Kyouya let go of my hand, propping himself up against the wall next to the door.

"Good luck, Kaiyoka. Though you won't need it." He smiled over at me, and I smiled back, adjusting my glasses.

"Thank you, Kyouya-senpai. I'll be back before you know it." I put my hand on the door handle, pushing it open without hesitation. At my entrance, everyone in the room looked over at me. I counted thirteen people, one of them a blue-eyed snake with long brown hair. I smirked as she sneered over at me, closing the door behind me.

"Excuse me," She spat angrily, "But what are you doing here? You're interrupting club practice." I scoffed, as they clearly weren't doing much under her 'leadership'.

"I am here to challenge your position as the president of this club. You aren't good enough to be telling others what to do." She laughed after a moment, a strange look in her eye.

"And what? You think you're qualified to be the president?" I raised an eyebrow, chuckling right along with her.

"I'm not here to argue with you, Miyuki. I'm here to fight. And this time, we'll be in front of all your friends, and none of them can jump in and help you. You'll be exposed for the fake you are, because honestly, if you can't beat me up without the help of friends, you need exposing." The more I spoke, the more angry she got. Her eyes flashed, and her face reddened slightly.

"How dare you...! Questioning my leadership as president! You can take your lies right back to the pathetic club you came from!" I laughed, finding the irony in that. From my peripheral vision, I could see the other club members exchanging glances with each other. Good - I wanted them to wonder. I wanted them to ask Miyuki questions when I was done.