I: Miss Sahni

September 7

"But Kaiyoka, they're so cute!" Sachi, one of my good friends, was currently yelling, though I was sitting right next to her. Not that there was anything new about that.

"But Sachi," I said, mocking her tone, "I so don't care!" She just laughed at my stubbornness and poked my cheek.

"You're no fun, but fine. If you don't really care, can't you just come with me and sit?" She pleaded. I cocked my head to one side.

"That doesn't seem logical. I don't want to go, but since I don't care, I should?" She sighed, clearly about to dish out some clarity.

"You're always writing, anyway, just bring your notebook like you always do. You don't have to do anything. It'll be just like that one time we went to a 'party'. You didn't have to talk." I thought for a moment before shaking my head and looking back down at my math textbook.

"Sachi, I'm not here on academic scholarship to ogle at a bunch of boys," I stated, which was true- we were supposed to be studying right now, since we're sitting in the library, but Sachi had abandoned her books some time ago. She gently took my book from my hands, forcing me to look up. Unfortunately, upon seeing her pleading look, I caved.

"I guess I could-" Sachi cut me off before I could even get to the 'but'.

"Great, let's go!" She grabbed my arm and bolted up from her chair, pulling viciously on my arm and sprinting down the hall.

"Wait- Sachi, I didn't mean right now!" She giggled and turned around to look at me.

"Well, I did!"

"I'm in the middle of a story." I tried to combat her again, but of course, she had an answer.

"Finish it when you get there."

*

"Welcome!" I heard seven distinct voices surround me in a setting that looked straight out of a book. A large rose petal- one among many- came flying out the door and landed on my face. By the time I got it off, the pink fog had cleared and before me sat seven boys. Well, six boys and Haruhi Fujioka. She was dressed in the male uniform, though.

I knew so much- too much- about these boys' 'personalities' because of Sachi. I still mixed up their names every now and again, but I still knew far more than I ever wanted to about them. She was next to obsessed with them, and I could never quite decide how unhealthy it was. She squealed behind me as the blonde one in the chair stood up.

"Please, princesses, make yourselves comfortable." He spoke as if his words were a magic spell, and it seemed to work on Sachi. I glanced over at her to give her a 'seriously?' look, but she was busy melting into a puddle. I grabbed her arm before he could seduce her further and pulled her over to the first table I could find, sighing in relief as I sat down and opened my notebook. Finally, just what I needed- some down time to write.

I clicked my blue pen once and set it to the page, and time seemed to be of the least importance as my handwriting appeared across the page, sometimes neat and sometimes practically illegible, sometimes printed and other times in cursive. But it didn't matter, because I got into my groove. Or I was about to, before I got interrupted halfway through the second page.

"My fair maiden, why must you sit here so forlorn? A fire ignites in my heart to see you so; I must see you smile." I raised an eyebrow at my notebook before turning around and coming face to face with the same blonde student from before. He set a pastry on my side of the table (I didn't even notice when Sachi had received one) and put his hand on my chin. I tensed at the action and quickly moved his hand away from my chin. No, thank you.