X: Oniisan

October 20

"Now remember, don't say anything about the lack of space! Sit gym-style to save space." Tamaki instructed, earning an intense eye-roll from me and obedience from everyone but Kyouya, who was sitting in a chair and ignoring Tamaki. Luckily, Haruhi was in the other room, and she couldn't hear Tamaki going on about the lives of us commoners. We were all hanging out at Haruhi's house; the twins were serious about paying Haruhi a visit, and once Tamaki found out, he just had to make it a club bonding activity. Personally, I thought it might be a Tama-Haru bonding experience in his eyes, but maybe that was just the romantic in me saying that.

"Yes, sir!" The twins yelled. Hikaru picked up Honey-senpai and put him on Mori-senpai's head to 'save space'. I had just about had it with them, so I excused myself politely to the kitchen where Haruhi was cooking.

"My apologies, Haruhi. I know you asked me to make sure they don't burn the living room down, but I can only take so much of their banter." She nodded understandingly, turning away from the pot of miso ramen.

"Oh, I get it. I'm honestly surprised you didn't come in here sooner." We both laughed, and I gravitated toward the stove. Within seconds, I was working side-by-side with Haruhi. It seemed to just work, as if we'd been doing it for a long time. Before I knew it, the ramen was ready and Haruhi and I were mentally preparing ourselves to re-enter the living room.

"Thanks for your help, Kaiyo," She said, giving me an amicable smile. I returned the gesture, picking up a tray.

"No problem. You know what they say- many hands make work light." She laughed as she picked up her own tray.

"Never were truer words spoken."

*

Haruhi was about to flip out on Tamaki and the twins.

"Out!" Haruhi yelled, shoving the two copper-haired twins out the door. "Your visit has long since expired." Hikaru and Kaoru both looked playfully distraught.

"Haruhi!" They whined. "It's only been two hours. We wanted to see the house and hang out with you." She rolled her eyes.

"Great, you saw the house and you saw me. We're done," Haruhi stated. The twins put on their own versions of puppy-dog eyes toward Haruhi, and she sighed deeply.

"Fine, we can go somewhere else. I'll come with you, just as long as you're not in my house and you shut up. I don't want to hear the word 'commoner' come out of your mouth one more time today." Her eyes flashed angrily, daring the twins to say anything. Surprisingly, they both nodded, pulling the rest of the host club out of the house. Kaoru had to go back and get Tamaki separately, prying him out from under Ranka-san's piercing gaze.

Once Kaoru dragged Tamaki outside, Hikaru sidled over to him.

"Great! Now Haruhi's happy. Let's go on over to Kaiyo's house!" My eyes promptly widened, and I held my hands up.

"Whoa, wait. How'd you make that jump? Who said we were going to my house? That wasn't part of the deal." Hikaru grinned.

"Well, now your house is the only house that none of us has been to. We have to all be educated." I shot a glance over to Kyouya, who had obviously been to my house before. He just raised a cocky eyebrow, smirking as per usual.

"Her mother has already said it's alright," Kyouya informed them. I sighed, opting to scream inwardly. I'd have to talk to my mom about inviting my friends over without my permission. Especially when those friends were part of the host club.

"When did you call her?" I asked. I hadn't seen him on the phone at all today.

"Don't worry about it," He said evenly, straightening his pristine jacket.