XII: Jungle Pool SOS!

November 16

"This is Japan... Right? Am I dreaming?" Haruhi asked quietly under her breath, nudging me with wide eyes. My own eyes were just as wide as I looked around.

"I don't think you're dreaming, I see it too." Haruhi sighed as Tamaki slid up to her out of nowhere, explaining something or other about how hosts need relaxation time to stay beautiful (or whatever).

"I don't care to do such trivial things, so can I go home?" Haruhi asked once he was done spouting his usual nonsense. "I have laundry to do, and I need to study." I nodded, staying close to Haruhi.

"Yeah, I second that. I need to study, too; this scholarship isn't going to earn itself." A brightly colored bird flew past my vision and into a tree, and it made me stop and think. I truly looked around me, scrutinizing every detail.

"Where are we, anyway? This isn't normal." I heard a chuckle from behind me, one that sounded like it had a smirk in it. Of course, I turned around to see Kyouya lounging on a chair behind me.

"This is a water park run by the Ootori Group called 'Tropical Aqua Garden'." I held back a small giggle at the name.

"Who thought of that one?" I whispered to Haruhi, and she giggled, sobering up only when she asked a question.

"But, Kyouya-senpai, didn't you say your family ran a hospital, or did some kind of medical therapy work?" She asked. Kyouya shut his eyes, nodding.

"Well, it's a diversified enterprise that does a lot of things, but you could say that it is related to therapy. There are many who suffer from stress, or from feeling cooped-up, who would like to spend time in the south tropics but, for economic reasons or lack of time, are unable to go. This is a convalescent theme park to help those people. The Ootori Group is always thinking of the happiness of others." I just shook my head. The Ootori Group built a water park in what could be an entirely different country because people were too stressed? Did they have nothing else to do with their money?

"Sounds like a bit of a long shot to me, but it would have been nice to know before you kidnapped me, Senpai," I informed him, turning away from the glare of the sun to give Kyouya a pointed look as I remembered the twins dragging me into a limo. He regarded me with an even smile, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Ah, well." Was his response.

"This place is relentlessly shady," Haruhi said quietly to me, and I nodded, adding,

"It doesn't make it any better that we were kidnapped and brought here." Haruhi's eyes rolled in agreement. We both turned back to Kyouya, who was still talking about the Ootori Group's projects or something.

"... Host Club has it reserved today on a special advance invitation." He was saying, making me realize I'd missed half of what he said.

"In other words, if we're staying, you're staying." Tamaki spoke to both Haruhi and me, shading his eyes with his right hand. "And who wouldn't want to? It feels so calm. We don't have any guests to serve, either. It's really a handsome young warrior's holiday." I rolled my eyes. Part of me wanted to remind Tamaki that I was not, in fact, a handsome young warrior, but I turned around to see Honey-senpai running up the side of the pool.

"Haru-chan! Kaiyo-chan! Do you guys want some pineapple juice? Or maybe coconut, or pomegranate? Or mango cake?" He ran around us in circles, and I giggled as he came to a stop at my side, peering around my arm to see us both.

"Uh... Coconut juice, please," Haruhi requested. When he looked up at me, I placed my order.

"Some pomegranate juice would be lovely, Honey-senpai, thank you." He giggled, running off with that pink floaty around his waist. Haruhi and I watched him run off, and I looked up to see Mori-senpai also watching him from across the pool. He and I exchanged a quick nod, and then-