VI: Agreed

September 14

"Princess!" I sighed, smiling lightly as Tamaki pummeled me with a hug before I could even get through the doors. I shrank away from him as he ruffled my hair, which was not trapped in a ponytail for once.

"Afternoon, Senpai," I greeted the blonde love enthusiast. I walked in with Tamaki dragging behind me, putting my bag down at what had become my table before looking around.

"Tamaki-senpai," I said, turning around and tapping his head. "Where's Kyouya-senpai?" I shuffled around in my bag before producing a neatly stacked ream of papers. "I need to give him my book." Tamaki straightened up, his eyes bright as they scanned over the front page of the manuscript.

"I don't actually know if he's here yet..." He trailed off, and both of our heads turned toward the doors, which had opened quite loudly. Kyouya, walked in with the twins behind him, looking unusually- Perturbed? Angry? Unsure? I couldn't tell.

"But, Kyouya-senpai, you know it's the truth-" Kyouya put his hand up, which surprisingly made Hikaru pause in what he was saying.

"Please, Hikaru. Stop talking." He requested, phrasing it as more of a dare to oppose him than an actual request. Hikaru complied, shutting up and dragging his brother toward Tamaki and I.

"Kaiyo!" They said, hugging me slightly more calmly than Tamaki had. I hugged them back quickly, wondering how they'd become so comfortable with me so easily. Slipping out of their grasp, I neatened the papers in my hand and ran a hand through my hair, releasing some of the tangles that had formed.

"Hey, you two. I'll be right back, I have to go talk to Kyouya-senpai." Kaoru's eyebrow shot high up, and his twin mirrored his expression.

"Kyouya-senpai? How interesting that you mention him," Hikaru mentioned. "How do you feel about him, Kaiyo?" He asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. My brain was currently swimming with a thousand different thoughts, which resulted in me not quite processing what could be behind his asking.

"Right now, I feel like I need to hand off this manuscript. I've been working on it since last week, and it's finally done," I told him, turning around to find Kyouya. He was sitting over at his usual table, typing fluidly on his laptop. As I approached him, his fingers slowed to an easy stop, resting over the keys.

"Miss Sahni," He greeted me as per usual, nodding slightly. I adjusted my glasses slightly before handing him the pages of my mini-book.

"Afternoon, Senpai. I finished the book, and this is the final, edited copy." He took the pages from me, gently turning the pages and scanning over the text.

"Thank you," He said as he got to the last page. He tucked the paper in the briefcase that I just realized was next to him. "I'll let you know when I have an answer for you." I nodded, preparing to walk away.

"And Miss Sahni?" I turned, giving him a look that compelled him to continue.

"I appreciate you doing this." He continued, surprising me. I didn't have any idea of what he was going to say, but that definitely wasn't what I would've had in mind. I nodded.

"No problem," I assured him, smiling a little before walking away. And it really wasn't, when I stopped and took the time to consider it. Last week I didn't know any of these people, and Kyouya-senpai asked me to write stories that the club could sell. That has led to this last week of changes- always seeing the club after school, waving to Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai in the hallways, and talking to Haruhi, Hikaru, and Kaoru in math class. I acquired a very strange group of friends because he asked one simple question.

And I got to write as my job? No, it really was no problem at all.

*

"Hey, Kaiyoka?" Haruhi called to me from across the room. I stood up, closing my notebook before walking over to where she was standing.

"Hi, Haruhi. What's up?" She looked around before taking a step closer to me and whispered,

"Are you sure about this?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"You can back out anytime. No one would blame you." She continued, obviously not hearing me. I placed a hand up, and she stopped talking.

"Slow down, start from the beginning. What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The Host Club," She exclaimed, as if it were obvious. "You have to have realized by now that you're walking into a group of completely idiotic, if lovable, buffoons. No one would blame you or be surprised if you backed out now. I'm honestly shocked that you've tolerated Tamaki for this long. Wait, you don't like him, do you...?" She trailed off, obviously talking to herself more than me at this point.

"No, of course I don't like him. Wait, why?" I gasped in realization as Haruhi shifted her gaze away from me. "You do!" Her eyes widened, making them appear humongous.

"Don't be ridiculous, Kaiyoka. I do not," She tried to convince me, in a way that completely betrayed that she did, indeed, like Tamaki Suoh. Weird, she always got so annoyed with him, but I supposed it was all part of the dynamic. I'd be willing to bet that she doesn't mean anything by it.

"Anyway...." Haruhi said pointedly, steering the conversation back. "I just wanted to make sure that you knew exactly what you were walking into with the Host Club. I mean, I love them all, don't get me wrong, but the reason I'm here in the first place is because I have a debt to pay. You don't. That's why I want to make sure that you're really okay with it." I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm up for the challenge. Relax, Haruhi, you can be more than sure that I would've walked out those doors two days ago and not returned had nothing made me want to stay. Not to mention, you look like you need someone to get through this with. I got you." I laughed as we bumped fists.

"Ah, finally, I've got another girl on my side," Haruhi cheered quietly as we began walking back.

"Sure enough. From the looks of it, we'll need some moral support to get through this." As I spoke, Hikaru and Kaoru began spouting off about one thing or another to Tamaki, and the whole rest of the club (minus Kyouya and Mori) began fighting with one another. Haruhi turned to me with a blank look of defeat on her face.

"Agreed."