Chapter Eight: Panic Attacks

As I made my way to my room, an odd feeling had washed over me. The feeling of regret.

In my opinion, regret is a poison. Spending your time thinking about the 'What Ifs' is a waste of time and a waste of a life. Life is like a book... each chapter eventually comes to an end, whether it was good or bad... you can't go back and change what happened.

Regret is the same way. To waste your time looking back on old memories, people, or missed opportunities is a pointless effort. You can't change the past... you can only move forward and hope for a better tomorrow.

So when this foreign feeling washed over me I was more than taken off guard.

'Dylan and I could have kissed at the restaurant. I had the chance to let it happen... but instead I agreed on going home. Why didn't I let him? Why did I want him to?'

These were the thoughts that consumed my head as I pulled out my room key and opened my door clumsily.

I kicked off my shoes as I made my way into the dim lit hotel room. I placed my purse, key, and phone on the nightstand next to my bed and started to undress. I was down to underwear when I knock came from my door.

I glanced from the door to the clock which read 1:45am. 'Who the hell could that be?' I thought to myself as I grabbed a robe from the bathroom and went to check the peep hole.

Dylan was standing just outside my door, twiddling his fingers and looking around nervously. I carefully opened the door as not to show off any of my partially hidden body.

Once I had the door ajar, Dylan gave me a bright but tired smile, 'Hey... I Uhhh... didn't really thank you for coming to dinner with me...' He said awkwardly, casting his eyes to the ground.

I giggled lightly, 'That was a good shot at an excuse... but why are you really here?' I asked playfully. Dylan gazed into my eyes for a moment before stepping into the doorway. 'I needed to do this....'

He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me into his body before crashing his lips into my own.

I opened my eyes to the bright morning light. I noticed I was breathing quickly and my heart was pounding. What the Hell kind of dream was that? I thought to myself as I tried to relax.

It was 9:00 in the morning and it was also my first real day off. For once, I had no plans, nothing that needed my attention, and no one telling me what to do.

....So what should I do?

I ended up calling Seana to come over and hangout for the day.

"You have got to tell me everything that happened last night! There's no way you would just randomly dream about him like that if you really didn't want him in that way." Seana's excited voice came through my phone speakers.

"Nothing really happened I'm telling you! Just... Just get over here so we can talk about it." I said with a defeated sigh. There was no way I was going to win with her.

"I'll be there in 10!" She stated before the line went silent. I rolled my eyes and leaned back onto my pillows with a deep sigh. Now... we wait. I thought as I watched the clock... waiting for my newfound best friend to make her way over.

Exactly 10 minutes from the time our phones disconnected, Seana came bursting through the door to my room looking more excited than a puppy with a new ball.

"Okay! I'm here! Now, tell me everything! I want every detail! And when I say every detail, I mean book worthy detail!" Seana said as she took a spot next to me on the bed.