Chapter Six: The Interview.

I can't do this....

All eyes were on me... I was completely aware of that. Every camera had turned to face me simultaneously while the cheers and applause faded into pure silence.

I stared blankly at the one person I wish wouldn't have been there. Dylan was smiling brightly at me from the front row and, like the rest of my fans, waiting for this interview to start. Problem was... I couldn't stop internally freaking out.

This isn't happening. Why is he here? What am I doing here? I can't talk on television! I'm going to make a fool out of myself! Maybe I can just walk off stage and go home... Just throw in the towel and stop writing.

My heart was pounding out of my chest, my palms were full of nervous sweat, and my anxiety was high enough for me to easily be admitted to the hospital if I chose to go. I pulled my eyes off of Dylan so I could glance around quickly.

Mr. Ralphley was talking about me I presume while the audience was hanging on his every word. Seana and Bobby were watching me intently while whispering to each other nervously, Bobby must know I'm not doing well at this moment. I thought to myself as my eyes continued to wonder.

The audience seemed like the typical fans of my book, they were in their late teens, regular fangirls. I normally would have smiled at this, but my mind was all over the place and my nerves were going haywire.

I glanced back at Dylan, hoping by some miracle he would have disappeared... but there he was, watching me intently.

There was something weird about him this time. He looked... nervous? Panicked? We starred at each other for what seemed like forever, then I broke free of his gaze. That was when I noticed Mr. Ralphley had become quite.

I quickly turned to face Mr. Ralphley who was patiently staring at me. I didn't know what to do. I was frozen in my seat. I knew I needed to talk... but I had no idea what had been said in the first place! I looked to Bobby and Seana for help, but all they did was motion for me to do something. "Say something!" Bobby mouthed to me.

I was about to lose it. All I wanted to do in that moment was break down and cry. I have never been the center of attention. I have never had all eyes on me like this. And I have definitely never had fans patiently waiting for this moment.

I was about to leave. My plan was to stand up and walk off stage. Just completely walk away from this moment, this stage, these fans, and most of all... this career. I was going to say goodbye to my dream, but first... I was going to say goodbye to a certain Mets fan.

I planned on giving Dylan one last look, whispering to him that I was sorry, and gracefully exiting the stage... leaving my dreams behind. I planned on it... until I actually looked at Dylan.

He was on the edge of his seat, bouncing his knees and tapping his hands nervously. He watched me for a split second before whispering to me first, "Callie... talk!" Dylan urged... and for some reason... I listened.

Everything in my mind had magically clicked once those words left his lips. I was the author of a best selling novel. I was here to discuss my book with Mr. Ralphley on television. I wasn't speaking. Dylan told me to speak.

I instantly turned to Mr. Ralphley, who had a worried expression on his face, and I smiled brightly. "I'm sorry, I think I was star struck by the gentleman in the front row." I said with a laugh.

Mr. Ralphley smiled with excitement. "Let's see who we have here tonight!" All the camera's turned to Dylan along with a spotlight. He graciously waved and smiled to everyone before the camera's turned back my way.

"Dylan O'Brien ladies and gentlemen!" Mr. Ralphley said with a chuckle and the audience giggled along with him.

"To be honest... I didn't hear a word you said... I was freaking out with excitement." I said and we both laughed, along with the audience.