Life's Game Chapter 4

Another updated chapter! The storyline as I mentioned is changing up a bit to become more uniformed but nothing too drastic. I will be trying to write out of Kayla's & Jacobs P.O.V. I believe they both have interesting stories. Let me know what you guys think.
---------------------------------------

I was fed up. I just couldn't stand having to manage my life and my mothers. I was only 18! I was supposed to be care free, partying, and just not giving a fuck but instead I had to grow up and be not only a mom to myself but to my own damn mother. This was the last straw. I had enough of the bullshit.

"What's wrong and don't lie" I hear Jacob speak snapping me out of my thoughts.

"How close are you to finding an apartment? I can't do this anymore" I say as I get up and storm away.

I had no idea where I was going but all I knew is that I was losing my mind sitting in that damn hospital. I just really wanted to be alone with my thoughts, I hoped Jacob understood and didn't follow me. As I keep walking down the hallway I noticed that the floor had got quieter, it was so calm & relaxing. I noticed an empty gurney in a corner. I walked over and layed down. I tried to clear my head of any thoughts. I didn't want to think about anything right now.

Jacob P.O.V.

I was so tempted to follow Kayla but I knew that she needed her space, plus someone had to stay around for the doctors to update.

As I sat there staring at the wall I thought about everything that had ever occurred between me Kayla. I was there for her whenever she called, I remember when her mom first started prostituting. Kayla & I would be in the living room, talking & Ms.L would walk right by ass us with a man right on her tail. In the beginning we didn't know we just thought it was a boyfriend. Then we realized it would be different men, all times of the day, sometimes back to back. Kayla would try her best not to be home during the day so she would come over my house and we would chill.

My mom was aware of Kaylas situation & she hated that I involved myself. She would always say I took on too much of people's problems without considering how it would affect me. I didn't care though Kayla was someone I truly loved & I was going to be there for her forever.

"Sir" a voice said snapping me out of my thoughts

I looked up and saw a slim dark skin woman with a white coat on staring at me. She held a chart in her hand. She was beautiful. I couldn't stop staring.

She coughed, I realized I was just staring at her and quickly shifted my gaze.

Call me Jacob, I said.

Ok Jacob, are you here for Ms.Linda?

Yes, I replied letting out a sigh. Is she okay? When can I see her?

She's stable, she had a stab wound to her abdomen. It wasn't fatal. She passed out due to shock. She's currently sleeping until the meds wear off. I would suggest no visits tonight but you can come in the morning. I am concerned. We ran some test and there are traces of cocaine & meth in her system at very high levels. How long has she been addicted?

I looked up at the doctor staring into her beautiful brown eyes, she was really amazing. I couldn't stop admiring her. I looked down not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Umm I'm not sure" , I answered. "Ms.Linda lives a lifestyle that I don't pry into." I realized she had forgotten to introduce herself. Excuse me, Doctor --, I stalled waiting for her to say her name.

Doctor M, she replies with a smile.

M, I ask questionably.

Yes, M is short for Miracle.