Chapter 18 (Break Ups hurt)

When I awoke Leo was gone. I got up an headed back to my cabin trying to avoid Nico at all cost.

As I reached my door I felt a hand on my shoulder turn me around.

"I just want 10 minutes to explain this" Nico said grabbing my hand.

"Fine 10 minutes and that's all you get" I sighed allowing him to drag me along.

He dragged me into the forest and I sat down on a stump.

"Elise I'm so sorry I love you I really do I was jealous and Bethany tempted me an I couldn't help myself" Nico explained.

"First off why would you be jealous? Second off saying she tempted you really sexist and dumb and Third off not only did you cheat on me but you cheated on me on my birthday in my cabin on my bunk" I shouted at him.

"I'm jealous because Valdez thinks he can put his hands all over my girl! And you cheated on me too so don't throw that card there Jackson" Nico spat.

"But when I kissed Leo I told him I was with you I told him I couldn't do that to you" I spat right back.

Nico just looked at me with fury.

"I think we should take a break from each other" he said angrily.

I was taken aback by what he said.

"If that's what you want then fine" I said fighting back tears.

I looked at him one last time then ran back to my cabin to weep.

After I made it back to my cabin and had been crying for awhile I heard Percy come in.

He immediately ran to my side and asked "What happened".

"Nico and I broke up" I sniffled.

"Oh Elise I know it's hard but you're going to find someone better"Percy said hugging me.

"How do you know that?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Cause you're an awesome girl and everyone can see that, now I need to find that little creep and talk to him.

"Thanks Percy but there is really no need to do that" I said wiping a tear off my face.

"Fine I won't and no problem if you feel angry just tell me and we can get some practice in with that new sword of yours" he said with a smile on his face.

I gave him a thankful smile and he left me alone.

After Percy left I got changed into a cuter outfit than before. I let my hair stay in its naturally wavy state and I put on a little bit of makeup. I looked to my wrist and saw the bracelet Nico gave me I didn't want to wear it but I wouldn't get rid of it so I put it in my jewelry box and put my sapphire necklace on.

I took a look in the mirror then headed down to the Hephaestus cabin.

"Is Leo here?" I asked Leo's little brother.

"Uh he was here earlier talking about some Elise girl and how he loves her and stuff" the boy said obviously not knowing who I was.

"Oh did he now? Well can you check if he's here it's kind of important" I smiled.

The boy nodded and soon Leo emerged from the cabin.

"Oh hey Elise what are you doing here?" Leo asked surprised to see me.

"Um I was wondering if we could talk" I said shyly.

"Ok" Leo said worriedly.

Leo and I walked down to the beach and then I sat down.

"Nico and I broke up" I said as soon as he took a seat.

"What are you okay do you wanna talk about it?" Leo asked concerned.

"I'm fine and not in the least, instead I wanted to tell you something" I said stepping forward.

"What?" Leo asked nervously.

I came close to him and kissed him.

"Break ups suck" I said quietly.

He kissed me this time and said "I love you Elise will you be my girlfriend?".

I smiled and kissed him "I love you too Leo".

"So that's a yes?" Leo asked me.

"Leo I love you but I think I should give myself a little more time to get over Nico but as soon as I'm done I would love to be your girlfriend" I said kissing him again.

I really do love that Leo.

But I still love Nico.