Chapter 14 (Poseidon comes for a visit)

Ever since the attack on Nico Annabeth and I have been keeping Percy away from Nico.

But it definitely hasn't been easy.

To make matters worse Poseidon heard about the little show down and why it accord so guess who gets to have family time!

I knew my dad was going to find out sometime but I was really trying to avoid having a conversation with him about boys.

I knew that dads could be overprotective (and evidently older brothers) but I'm pretty sure when your father is a god it makes them about a million times more overprotective.

I've been dreading this day since it came up but when I awoke in this morning my stomach turned from nervous to extremely worried.

"I don't want to go" I moaned at breakfast.

"Well dad wants to have a talk so we will" Percy said dully.

Ever since he attacked Nico he hasn't really been in a joking mood with me.

"I'd rather have a talk with mom than dad" I complained.

Percy just shrugged and returned to his breakfast.

The rest of breakfast was spent in silence.

Once we finished Percy and I went back to our cabin to get ready.

I put on a modest outfit of Capri jeans and my camp half blood t-shirt. I decided to put my hair up and as soon as I finished I heard a knock in our door.

"One sec" I yelled running to the door.

When I opened up the door I gasped when I saw a man in a Hawaiian flower shirt and swim trunks.

"Oh Um Hi Lord Poseidon" I said still a little surprised.

"Hello Elise, Hello Perseus, how're my favorite children" Lord Poseidon said with a chuckle.

"Hey Dad" Percy said casually behind me. I was to shocked to say anything.

"Hello Percy" Lord Poseidon said just as casually.

I felt really bad because the whole time they were talking I just sat there like an idiot and when I actually did say something I would call my dad Lord Poseidon.

"Well" Poseidon said after catching up with Percy "what is this I've heard about Hades son" He asked me suspiciously.

I unfroze "Um well I'm king of dating him" I said quietly.

Poseidon's eyes widened and he asked me "Why would you date a Hades boy I mean you could probably get any other boy you want why him?".

"Because I love him and he's not what you think he is" I snapped.

I know it was probably a dumb idea to snap at a god who could turn me into any sea creature of his choice but I wasn't going to let him pick on Nico.

Poseidon was taking aback by my comment but only a little before saying "Oh isn't he? I've been alive for well ever I've seen many of Hades children and they're all the same in the end no matter how much you want them to be different they aren't".

I bit my lip at my fathers comment I know my father was wise and had an abundance of knowledge but if he could only see Nico.

"He is different father" I said quietly as Poseidon looked at me.

"I should argue with you maybe tell you you're wrong but if you are so set on seeing this boy please hear my warning" He said concerned, looking into my sea blue eyes.

"Hades children will bring you nothing but suffering. They may love you but in the end they are always the cause of their lovers death always" my father finished staring into my eyes.

I looked at my father and I gave him a smile. "Thank you" I said.

"Before I go though" he said.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I want to meet him" he finished.

Oh crap!