Chapter 3 (An Item)

After our second(and third) kiss Nico was avoiding me.

I woke up the day after with the same cold feeling as before.

"PERCY JACKSON!" I yelled absorbing the water.

This time he had sent a whole wave at me.

I was angry but Percy was just being casual which made me even more angry.

"Well you better get dressed Chiron is having a meeting at the Big House in 5." said Percy going towards the door.

"Ugh... Fine" I said getting out of bed. I put on a pair of jeans and a camp shirt.

I put my frizzy hair in a braid and put my cap on.

"I'm ready Percy" I said meeting him at the door.

"Ok then could you drop by the Hades cabin real quick and tell Nico to meet us at the Big House" said Percy as we headed out the door.

I felt a spark of excitement at the sound of Nico's name.

"Ok I will" I said hopefully not sounding to happy.

"Ok I'll see you at the meeting then" Percy said as he walked away to meet up with Annabeth.

I walked towards the Hades cabin hoping Nico would be there.

When I arrived I felt a chill go down my spine and an odd sense of being watched.

I saw Nico in his bed and I walked over to him thinking he was asleep.

"Should I wonder why you're in my cabin early in the morning when I have no shirt on?" Nico said as I walked towards him.

He scared me so much I jumped.

"Percy told me to tell you there is a meeting at the Big House today" I said.

My cheeks were red but I continued to talk to him.

"Nico about yesterday and last week at the monster training when we kissed...."

Nico cut me off.

"Hey it's cool it was nothing lets forget it ever happened and carry on with our lives" he finished.

I froze it meant nothing to him!

I was fighting back tears when I said "It didn't seem like nothing to me I liked it".

Nico turned to me in surprise "Im the son of death you shouldn't have liked I'm cold and heartless you'd be smart to stay away".

Now I was getting angry.

"Well I'm the daughter of Poseidon not Athena so you shouldn't expect me to be smart" I yelled.

Nico's eyes filled with pain so I hugged him. He soon embraced me back and tighter. The hug wasn't a brotherly hug it was nice and comforting.

I pulled back from the hug and kissed him.

He kissed me back but with an almost hungrily passion.

I put my hands around his bare neck and I remembered he was shirtless.

I pulled away but only barely so that our lips were still very close together.

"Percy would kill me if he found out I was kissing a boy shirtless in his cabin" I said and I could have sworn that dark and mysterious Nico Di Angelo cracked a smile.

" Well then we better hope he doesn't find out" he said pulling me back in.

I didn't know how long we were kissing but it was long enough for Hazel and Frank to walk in and see us.

"Hey guys what'...." said Frank as he saw what we were doing.

Nico yanked back and both of us turned maroon.

"Um so remember Nico meeting at the Big House don't miss it" I said showing myself to the door.

As I left I could have sworn I heard Hazel and Nico fighting about privacy and relationships.

I knew Percy would notice something was wrong with me so instead of meeting him and Annabeth at breakfast I went into the woods by the river and sat down.

"I'm sorry about the er distraction" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned and found Nico with a shirt on blushing at me.

I smiled.

"It's okay Nico I guess making out in the middle of Hazel and your's cabin wasn't the most idle place" I said.

Nico smirked and walked over to me and sat down.

"So are we a thing now?" I asked him as he put his arm around me.

I must of caught him off guard cause he froze.

"Only if you want to be" he said looking at my eyes.

I kissed him gently on the lips "Oh I want to be".

"Then we better tell Percy" Nico said standing up.

Oh Crap!

Percy was not going to be easy to talk to.

He's a great big brother don't get me wrong but he is hugely over protective.

"Um... Can't we like wait to tell him?" I asked Nico.

He turned to me and his grin soon faded.

"Why?" he asked me.

"Well cause Percy's overprotective and I don't want him to make it awkward" I answered.

Nico relaxed just a bit but I could still see doubt lingering in his eyes.

"Ok then we'll keep it between you, me, Frank and Hazel" Nico said grabbing my hand.

I smiled at him as we walked back I looked into Nico's eyes and I studied them.

They were dark and mysterious and slightly lonely.

I wondered what else there was to Nico Di Angelo that I didn't know.