Chapter 12 (I Love you... Almost)

After Annabeth and I had finished our conversation I went on with my regular schedule.

Today was the first day in a while I would have monster defense class.

With Nico.

My day went on without a hitch up until lunch.

"Hey" Percy said stopping me "I haven't had that talk with you and Nico yet" he said.

That made me nervous.

You see I love Percy I've grown up with him and I will forever respect him. But he's overprotective, Extremely overprotective.

"Yeah, well what are you gonna do" I said trying to change the subject.

"I think Annabeth and I should talk to you guys after dinner in our cabin" He said staying on the subject.

I sighed knowing that this was not a battle I could win.

"Okay, I'll tell Nico to meet us at our cabin then" I said.

Percy looked pleased with himself and continued with his lunch.

After I finished my food I headed to the woods to meet Nico for class.

When I arrived I saw him in the shadows with a silver shirt and black skinny jeans on.

His dark hair was a mess but he made it look good.

I could feel me heart pound as I said "What are we learning today professor".

Oh Crap that was my thing with Leo.

"You will be fighting a baby empousia" Nico said and I shuttered.

Empousia did not bring back happy memories.

Nico looked at me and noticed my uneasiness. "It's only a child so it's charm isn't very powerful on men" he stated.

Yeah that didn't really help.

After he helped me into my armor he opened the cage that held the terrible monster and my training began again.

The Empousia was in the form of a little girl. I knew she would taunt me about the boy I liked but the one she chose shocked me.

"Oh don't worry even if you had chosen Leo he would have been way out of your league" The Empousia hissed.

I knew she was trying to get into my head and that I should ignore it but her words made me think.

Did I deserve Leo or even Nico?

She caught me off guard and attacked. She slashed my shoulder open but I took my sword to her legs. She was down leg less but that didn't stop her from messing with my head.

"You think Leo is upset about you but you're in worse condition" she hissed up at me. "You love him and yet you push him away, this Nico boy you have feelings for and but you love him... almost" She hissed evilly.

I froze as she was disintegrated by Nico.

He looked at me as I shook with fear.

"She was making everything up to try and get in you're head it's okay" he said wrapping his arms around me.

I believed him and allowed myself to melt in his arms.

I hoped the day would get better.

But we still had to talk with Percy.