Devil on my side

It was dark; the moon glittered off the water as bright colored light flows all around me. I was dreaming but I don’t know why this dream was so important. For the past month any dream I had resulted in some kind of clue to the upcoming war. It seemed almost like I was dead but I knew I was alive. Suddenly the bright colored turned to dark reds and black. The temperature changed quickly from hot to cold and back again. The water changed to blood and mountains surrounded me. A dark powerful voice echoed around me.

                            “You will save all creatures from the grip of the angles and their corrupt ways. Long ago god forsake them and their hearts grew blacker than mine. They had no ruler and turned on each other. They grew jealous just like I did against the creatures god had created and loved more than he could ever love his angels.” The ground began to rumble and two large chairs surface in front of me, a three story flame grew where the chairs are and when it died out two people inhabited them, a male with a dark beard and muscles, and a female with long brown hair and a kind smile, the only strange thing about them is their black eyes. It takes me less than a minute to figure out who they are, the devil and his bride, Arissa. I quickly bow and keep my head lowered until the sound of Arissa’s laugh makes me look up. She is covering her mouth trying to hide the fact she is laughing at me.

                            “My dear you do not need to bow to us, if you succeed in your task it will be us bowing to you. I know my husband is a imposing figure but please do not let his reputation scare you, he truly is a big teddy bear and given the time I’m sure he will warm up to you.” She sends a glance to her husband before looking back at me. He sighs and looks at me again, but his eyes are softer this time.

                            “This will not be an easy task but those who have suffered the most are the best to go through the worst. I am sure you will be fine young one, you will make us proud, and maybe we will be able to give those stupid mates of yours a gift in return.” Arissa reaches over and slaps her husband before looking back at me.

                            “You will be fine young one; we will be watching over you and helping as much as we can. Now awake little one your mates are going crazy with worry. They have a lot of making up to do but give them a chance, however do not give in to soon, they deserve to suffer.” I smile and nod my head before I feel a change in the air, the colors swirl together and my mates voices break through the fog. I close my eyes and let myself nod off back to reality. I smile as I now know I have the devil on my side.