Super short Jake's POV

Jake's POV

I just want her to open her eyes, breath on her own, twitch something anything to show she is still in there and not a shell. Josh and I haven't left her side since she fell, kind of poetic, a dark force of nature falling from above because of the light. History always seems to have a way of ironically repeating itself. The devil and his wife walk in and my brother and I hunch down a little under the power they omit, I wonder how our beautiful dangerous mate was able to withstand their presence. Arisa smiles at us but it is nothing but pity. I hate that look, it screams that Mia will never wake up, that we have lost her forever, we won the war and lost our trophy. I feel tears slip from my eyes once again, my mask of masculinity has long since departed. I no longer care what they people around me think. A hand on my back makes me jump, I turn to look who it is ready to attack and wince instead drawing a chuckle out of the devil and he removes his hand.

"She will be fine, her spirit is still in there, she is still in there. We have won, she will not leave us now. Do not worry, your mate is strong young one. Everything will come the way it is meant to." Well that wasn't helpful at all. I'm not sure what the devil means when he says something is fine.

Hey everyone. I wanted to give you something to get you off the cliffhanger haha. Things are getting a little more hectic around here since we only have a 28 days of school left including finals week and then my first year of college will be over, (I can't say freshman because I am classified as a sophomore because of the college credits I took in high school.) I will try to update when I can and hopefully I will have this story finished before the end of college because my summer is going to be crazy with work. Thanks for sticking with me I will try to have an update soon. Love you all.