Chp.13-Date

Chapter 13- Date

The bell rang, signaling the end of Musical Theatres. I hastily got up and ran outside, glad to get away from the heavy tension after mine and Chris’s conversation.

“Oh, thank God.” I muttered to myself.

“You’re welcome,” said a familiar voice.

I looked up, and saw a cute smirk on Nate’s face.

“Hey!” I grinned up at him.

“Hey, remember that the date’s today, ‘kay?” Nate said.

“Someone’s excited.” I teased him.

“Oh, shut up.” I noticed the little blush coming to his cheeks.

“Awww, you’re blushing.” I reached up to pinch his cheeks but he ran away before I had a chance to.

Grinning to myself, I skipped happily to my dorm so I could get ready for my date.

But my happy mood decreased when I saw Claire.

She was dyeing her hair in the bathroom, listening to music.

Why would she dye her beautiful blonde hair?

Ignoring my curiosity, I moved to my room.

I turned on my curling wand, so it could heat up. And spread my make-up across the counter.

I started with concealer, concealing the red pimples across my forehead. Next, I set the concealer with translucent powder, creating a flawless complexion.

I moved on to eyes, deciding to go natural since Nate hadn’t told me where we’re going yet.

Finishing my eyes off with a touch of mascara and eyeliner, I swiped a nude gloss across my lips.

Smacking my lips, proud of the finished results, I started doing my hair.

Wrapping the curls around the wand, I turned on my iPod.

The song “Right By My Side” by Nicki Minaj blasted through the speakers.

I danced around my room, not noticing Claire’s glare at my door frame until she coughed.

“Ahem.”

I turned around to see Claire’s beautiful blonde hair now a brunette color.

“Um, what have you done to your hair?” I asked.

“Died it back to natural.” She replied boringly.

An awkward silence passed before she spoke again, “Sooo…why are you dressing up?”

“Why do you care?” I snapped back, not caring if I sounded rude.

“I heard rumors about you going on a date with my brother.” She said.

“Nate?”

“Yeah, care to tell me why?”

“Once again, why do you care?” I asked rudely.

“Nevermind, but if I were you, I would watch out.” She warned before closing the door to my door with a slam.

What is up with everyone warning me about Nate?

Ignoring the warnings, I picked out my outfit for the date.

Hmm, a skirt or jeans?

Dress?

Casual or dressy?

I threw the options on my bed, groaning.

I decided to call Nate to ask him where we’re going.