Chp.3 Young, Wild and Unfree

A/N: Heey there! 3rd upload for today. I had a bad day today so please understand. And all my uploads are short but I update verrryyy often. Haha. I have no life on weekends. Here’s chapter 3, sorry for no recap. 

Chapter 3- Young, Wild & Free (A/N go check out that song!)

I stopped my car and got out. It turned out that my car had lead me to Venus Beach. Since it was already dark, the beach was empty. I took this opportunity to strip off my clothes and jump into the ocean. As soon as I hit the water, my body immediately relaxed. As I swam, I did a rerun of what had happen today. The feeling of betrayal was hitting my chest, setting it on fire. How could Cody do this to me?  A little sob escaped out of my lips. No, I couldn’t. I need to be strong. Still the tears kept rolling down, escaping and I had no way of stopping them. For I was way too hurt to care.

***

A WEEK LATER

“Kellie, honey, you need to come out. You’ve been locked up in there for 5 days.” My mom’s concerned voice rang through my door.

I knew I was worrying my parents being like this, but I couldn’t help myself. I needed to be alone, so I could figure out this situation.

“Don’t you want to see Cody leave? Say goodbye?” She asked. 

“Mom, you know what happened. I can’t. I can’t face him.” I whimpered.

She sighed. “Fine. He’s leaving in an hour!”

“I said NO!” I groaned.

“Whatever, you know you want to.” And with that she walked away.

I knew I wanted to. But I couldn’t help but feel betrayed whenever I thought of him. St. Mary’s is the worst school in the world. It’s full of snobs, bad teachers, way too cliché, and a mysterious past. How do I know? My parents went there. They transferred right out on the second day. I might seem like I’m overreacting, but if you are like me, a Parker, then you know what I mean. People DIED there. Creepy, huh?

That brings me back to Cody. Why would he want to go there? Out of all the great schools in the world, why St. Mary’s?

Needing an answer, I got up and got ready to leave for the airport.

After a quick shower, I blow dried my hair. Put on minimum makeup and ran the straight iron through my hair. Once I was ready, I ran downstairs as fast as possible grabbed the keys to my car and drove to the airport.

As soon as I got there, I ran to Cody’s terminal just in time. As I walked up behind him, he turned around, and we stared at each other for what seems like hours. I shook my head as I realized why I was here. I need an answer. I ran up to Cody and he had a big foolish grin on his face. Pfft. Like I was willing to forgive him. I raised my hand up and slapped it across his beautiful face, leaving behind red, vicious marks. I think Cody was too stunned to say much as his jaw fell to the ground. I guess he never expected this out of his best friend----wait, former best friend. 

He clenched his jaw and growled. “What the f**k was that?”

I grinned triumphantly, “Just a reminder of what you get for betraying me.”

He snorted, “Ha-ha, just because I got accepted to a super cool school and you don’t doesn’t make it ok to slap me. Admit it, you’re JEALOUS.” 

“WHAT?” I yelled. I was so angry I bet there was steam coming out of my ears. How could he think that? Jealous? ME? The girl who has everything? Oh My God. He must be kidding me.

“Are you kidding me?” I ask

“Well, since you’ve been ignoring me and acting like a b**ch lately, I figured it was because you were jealous of me going into this school when YOU weren’t accepted.”

“WHAT? ME NOT GETTING ACCEPTED INTO A SCHOOL? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM KELLIE PARKER!” As I screamed this, I realized quickly that we were gathering quite a crowd. Hushed whispers started going around “She’s Kellie Parker? As in PARKER?”

Sh*t. This wasn’t good. Cody must have realized it too since he took a last look at my face and walked away leaving me alone.

***

I spent the next few days researching about St. Mary’s. I don’t know why I was doing it since Cody was long gone and I should just forget about him and move on. But instead, I was spending my precious summer researching about a stupid school. Speaking of school, I will be returning to L.A High tomorrow, but something was holding me back. A part of me wanted to enter my senior year with Cody, my best friend, who had been there with me every first day of school. But I knew I couldn’t since he was far, far away. And he also wasn’t my friend anymore. So, why should I care?

My phone vibrated. Cody! Oh wait, it’s not Cody, I forgot we hated each other now. As I looked at my iPhone’s screen, I saw an unknown number. I was considering it but I was too curious to not pick up. So I grabbed my phone and tapped the answer button.

“Hello?” I hesitated.

“Hello Ms.Parker?” A gruffly voice sounding as if it belonged to a middle age man asked.

“Yes I’m Ms.Parker. Why are you looking for me?” Why is a random stranger talking to me. And how did he know my number?

“Oh, my name is Headmaster King and I represent St. Mary’s. It is a pleasure to inform you that you are hereby accepted to this school on a full scholarship. Considering your amazing GPA, smart parents, and many musical and theatrical talents you are more than welcome at St. Mary’s. Usually you’ve receive a letter from us but since this is on such late notice, I would like to do the honor myself. So packed your bags and head over to Washington because we are waiting for you.” He let out a deep breath of excitement.

“WHAT?” came my dumb response.

“Shall I repeat it again?” He asked.

“ Oh no no no nooooooo!” I screamed.

“Excuse me Miss, are you alright?” He asked in a concerned voice.

Collecting myself together, “Who submitted my form?”

“Oh, your parents dear, it was quite a pleasure talking to them.” He said in a star struck voice. 

“What if I don’t want to go?” I asked coldly.

“What do you mean? This is a great opportunity.” He asked.

Wait, this is a great opportunity. I could meet Cody and see why he loves this school so much. 

So, I replied “I’ll be there Monday.”

Oh boy, I wish I knew what I was getting at when I said that.

A/N

Haha. Another cliffhanger? Yewp Yewwwppp!! So what lies behind St. Mary’s? Find out in the next chapter. 

Teaser: Whooaaa, St. Mary’s? What does it look like?