Chp 2- Cody's Secret

A/N: While I type it out, I thought the chapters were long but once I post it on Wattpad, it’s so SHORT! So I put extra effort in this one. Dedicated this to knightsrachel for her amazing stories! Go check her out.

Chp.2- Cody’s Secret

RECAP:

I was going to say thank you, but I noticed the close proximity between our bodies and froze.

We stared at each other for what seem like hours until Cody broke the silence, “I need to tell you something.”

I stared at him. Those words were never good. What could he possibly be hiding from me? I thought we told each other everything. 

Cody was silent for a couple of minutes.

“What do you have to tell me?” I asked timidly.

“Umm…promise me you won’t get mad,” he asked sincerely.

“What do you need to tell me?” I asked once again, ignoring his request.

“Promise me first.”

“Okay I promise!” I was getting frustrated by the seconds.

“Okay,” he took a deep breath. “IgotacceptedtoSt.Mary’stheplacewithallthesnobsbutIreallywanttogoandfollowmydreamspleaseunderstand,” he rushed out.

“What? Say it again please,” I asked since I couldn’t understand one word.

“I got accepted to St. Mary’s and I’m going,” he said a lot more calmly.

I was shocked. “The school with all the snobs? WHAT? WHY? Aren’t you happy here?”

Cody hesitated, “I want to explore new places, and St. Mary’s is a great opportunity, and it’s all the way in Washington.” 

He just reminded me that St. Mary’s boarding school is far, far away. I couldn’t let Cody go off like that. What if he turned into one of the snobs? I mean, he easily could, since his parents are rich and willing to spoil their son anytime. Thoughts began to run through my head.

I shook my head and said, “What about L.A High? Isn’t it good enough for you? You have me. You have your whole football team. Are you just going to leave them like that?” ‘Why are you leaving me behind like this?’ I thought.

Cody replied, “You can come with me, you know. You can send your letter in and they will accept you in an instant, seeing that you are John Parker’s daughter.”

As he said this, I sensed anger boiling inside of me. How could he say that? Did he see me as a snob who got money from my rich daddy? Just because my dad is rich does not mean I get money from him. But Cody is right, I do get special treatment.

“I’m not going to go to a school full of snobs. And I thought you agreed with me, but I guess not,” I said calmly but my insides were breaking down.

I turned around, walked to my car, and drove away. I could hear his voice in the background, but I kept on driving. To nowhere.