Chapter 3: The Train Ride

**********Xena's POV**********

"Xena, Xenaaa, wake up. Wake up. Don't make me get the water bucket." I was woken up by Remus shaking me, I didn't want to get up until he mentioned the water bucket.

"You wouldn't." I replied sitting straight up.

"Oh, I think we both know, I would." He replied, chuckling.

"Ok, ok, I'm up. What time is it?"

"8, we leave in 2 hours."

"Ok, get out so I can get dressed." I was smart, I packed last night and picked out my outfit. I grabbed my clothes off the dresser and got in the shower. I took about an hour in there. Then I took half an hour curling my hair and doing my makeup. I put on my clothes and then went downstairs to eat breakfast. Remus had made oatmeal with sausage and toast. Remus is an amazing cook. When I got done eating we rode in a ministry car to King's Cross station. I ran through the barrier to get to platform nine and three quarters. When I came out on the other side, I saw a bunch of redheads, and I thought those must be the Weasleys. If you're wondering how I know it's because Remus is always talking about them. He told me how many kids there are, their names and ages and also that all of them are gingers. I think they have a son that's my age. I gave Remus a hug and got on the train and started looking for a compartment. I saw Harry sitting in a compartment alone. "Hey Harry, mind if I sit here with you?"

"Sure. So, Xena, ready for school?"

"Totally. I hope I get sorted into Gryffindor house. Ravenclaw's good too, but I'm brave so I'll most likely be in Gryffindor." Harry just stared at me with a confused look. "Oh, you don't know about the houses do you?" He just shook his head no and that confused look stayed on his face. "My bad, I forgot you were raised by muggles, non-magical people. Well, there are four houses, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. There is this old hat that puts you into which house you belong in. The brave go in Gryffindor. The smart go in Ravenclaw. The loyal go in Hufflepuff. Finally, the cunning go in Slytherin." When I finished explaining, Harry's expression went from one of confusion to one of understanding. Then the compartment door opened and a redhead came in. "Hi I'm Xena. Xena Mcgonagall."

"Mcgonagall? Do you know Professor Mcgonagall?"

"Yeah, she's my grandma."

"No way!"

"Way."

"Lucky."

"Eh, she'll probably be really hard on me."

"Still, the twins said she's pretty cool." During this whole thing between me and Ron, Harry was looking back and forth between the two of us. He finally decided to speak up after Ron said that.

"Hi, I'm Harry."

Ron looked at him in shock. "Harry Potter?" Harry just nodded. "Do you have the scar?" I hit his arm and scolded him but Harry lifted up his bangs and showed us. "Awesomeness!"

"Ron Weasley, that is rude!"

Harry shook his head and said, "Honestly I don't mind." Then the trolley lady came in and we bought a whole bunch of sweets and told Harry what they were. Then a boy came in looking scared.

"Hi I'm Neville, have any of y'all by chance seen a toad?" We all shook our heads no. Then I introduced myself. The boy then ran off. Then a girl with bushy hair came and and introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Hermione, have y'all seen a toad, a boy named Neville lost one."

I answered "No, sorry, but I'm Xena, the boy with the black hair is Harry and the redhead is Ron." She looked at Ron in disgust, who was currently stuffing his face. Then a boy with pale blonde hair came in and started insulting us so of course I stood uo and asked him, "Do you know who I am?"

"No and I don't really care."

"Even if you don't care, I'm gonna tell you. I'm Mcgonagall's grandaughter."

"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, and I don't care and the weasel is a blood traitor."

"That's it." Then I got up and punched him in the face. That's when the train stopped signaling that we had arrived at Hogsmeade station. We got off the train and heard a man saying, "Firs' years over here, firs' years."

Harry walked over to him and gave him a hug saying, "Hi Hagrid, how are you?"

Hagrid hugged him back saying, "Good and you?" Harry said he was good and then Hagrid led us to the boats that would take us to the castle. "No more than four to a boat?" Harry, Ron, Hermione and I all got in a boat and we took off towards the castle. When I saw it I was speechless. We got in and waited.