Chapter 1: The Letter Arrives

"Hoo hoo, " I hear the sound of owls and open my window for the owl to come in. I take the letter from the owl and look for the sender. When I see that it's from Hogwarts, I scream as loud as I can. My godfather comes running, with his wand drawn and look around the room asking "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

I respond "No I'm not hurt but I am about to find out my last name."

He asks me what I mean and I show him my letter and say "Now tell me, what's my last name?"

He laughs and says "Read the letter and you'll find out." So I open the letter and freak out when I read what it says.

The letter reads "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Mcgonagall,

I am pleased to tell you that you are my granddaughter. Also that you have been accepted in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31. 
Yours sincerely,
Minerva Mcgonagall,
Deputy Headmistress
There was another piece of parchment along with my letter that said everything that I will need for my classes.
Uniform
First year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
1. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (Dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils'  clothes should carry name tags

Course Books

"Wait, are you telling me that my last name is Mcgonagall?"

"Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. Your name is Xena Gabrielle Mcgonagall."

"Why didn't my grandma raise me?"

"She couldn't raise you, teach and run a house all by herself so she asked me to."

"Oh."

"Yeah that's why and I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you your last name but she wanted to. So what do you say we go to Diagon Alley tomorrow."

"Deal"

"Ok good now come eat. It's your favorite." And with that he left.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that Minerva Mcgonagall is my grandmother.

I went downstairs to eat and saw that we were having chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy, which is my favorite. I gave Remus a big hug.

After dinner I took a shower and brushed my teeth, blow dried my hair and put it up in a ponytail, then got in bed. It took a while for ne to fall asleep and when I did, I dreamt of Hogwarts.

*****************************

The next morning I was woken up by the smell of bacon. I brushed my teeth, put my hair up in a ponytail but I left my bangs out, my signature hairstyle, put on some chapstick, and then got dressed. I wore a one shoulder black crop top with some black skinny jeans and my black Vans. On my way out of my room I grabbed my red shades since it's summer then I ran to the kitchen and sat down at the bar and ate my breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon. Remus saw me and chuckled. "Ready to go?"

"Of course!" I responded.

Remus chuckled saying "Apparition or floo?"

"Apparition!"

"Ok sillywilly, come on."