Let's Get Started...?

Percy sighed. Eros told him that the decisions he made caused his power to split. And that each decision was a new person. Leaving Camp Half-Blood had to be Annabeth. Not choosing to go to Camp Jupiter, he still wasn't sure who that could. Getting married to become an immortal, he wasn't sure about that one. Choosing to leave Artemis, well he had a feeling that meant Artemis herself. And bringing Zoë back could only mean her.

So that left two of five women unknown. Wow, this was about to be the biggest headache of his life. He really hated immortals who played with his life. He figured after becoming an immortal himself, that would end, but no, of course not.

"Wait...Eros never specified a number of women..."

'No, I didn't, but I can tell you, there will be seven. You Perseus, are going to be a host.'

'What the Hades?!' Percy thought. 'Did you just speak in my head?'

'I did,' Eros replied.

'Okay...so I'm the host of what, exactly?'

'Mankind is known to have seven sins. These sins have been roaming the Earth causing strife and mischief without accountability. Someone has to take the reigns. While many of them lie in a god's domain, they themselves can't hold them in check. You, are going to round up all seven and do that. There will always be sin in the world, but with too much causes the rise of the issues you've had to endure. Kronos, Gaia, this new enemy. They gain power from it.

'Before you ask, the seven women are to keep you in check after you start absorbing the sins. One person holding that much power within them would normally give in to the desires swirling inside. Their love for you is what will anchor you to this world.'

'So, wait...they don't have to be my lovers?'

'No, but they could be. It's what's supposed to happen, bur it doesn't have to.'

'Thank the gods! I couldn't do that. It goes against who I am,' Percy thought back.

'Well, if that's the case, I'll warn you, the strongest one you'll bind with isn't on Earth. She will be sent here. As you are charged with watching over Artemis, you'll also be charged with watching over her. Should she be taken or corrupted, the end of our very universe could be at hand.'

'Great, more responsibility.'

"Percy, you're zoning out again," came a voice.

He looked up and saw Zoë staring at him from across their campfire. "Oh, sorry. There's just a lot I'm having to learn."

"Eros again?" she asked.

"Yeah. He's explaining a lot to me. Apparently the strongest of the seven sins, which if I'm correct should be Wrath, isn't on Earth, at least not yet. From the way he makes it sound, it's a kid. And she'll be the difference of life or destruction across the entire universe...and I've got to watch over her. But on the bright side, he did explain how the anchors worked! All I have to do is love them and they me. It doesn't have to be like...you know..."

Zoë stared at him. "'You know,' what? Oh!" Her face turned bright red. "No, I don't love you like that Jackson!"

"Hahahaha, there's the Zoë I know. But it's okay. Because it doesn't have to be like that. You're a really good friend, and that's how I love you."

Zoë nodded. "I agree–"

Just as she said that, a swirling of air came from nowhere, causing the fire to flare up. When it died down, in front of them stood a man who looked far too pleased with themselves. Percy didn't even have to think, "Pride!"

The man looked at him. "You're the one that's supposed to host me? Ha, as if. There is no human that could have the power to defeat me, let alone host me!"

Percy rolled his eyes and faster than Pride could react, had whipped his feet out from under him. "I don't think someone who underestimates other's is much of a challenge," Percy said. He grabbed Pride and ran him through with his blade, somehow knowing that he would absorb his essence.