The Demon Realm (Past)

"Ugh! I can't get a hang of using this power!" Percy shouted, frustrated.

'Why don't you go to my realm? There, you'll absorb magic power which will allow you far better control of your transformations, and not just mine.'

"Who is that?"

'I'm Lucius. If we were to open a portal to my realm, you'd be able to train there. Time passes faster there than it does here. But we are neigh on immortal there unless killed due to the amount of magical energy flowing freely in that realm.'

Percy nodded. It was a good idea. "How do I go about doing that? Opening a portal to your realm that is."

'You don't. You above the needs for that. The amount of power you control now far exceeds mine when I came here. You'd only need a portal if you wished to take people with you or bring them back.'

-/-

The Demon Realm spread before Percy and he could feel the pull on his darker side, his God Eater side. That's what they called his group. When his Master had made them, it was all about ridding the world of any deities that were hellbent on destroying the world.

In that mindset, they had utterly eliminated the Mayan pantheon, and much of the Aztec one as well. There were thirteen of them to begin with, but by the end of it when he had left, there were only five. Him, his master, two people he trained with, and a pupil of his he had taken on. The original thirteen had quickly dwindled, been replaced, and dwindled again.

But no one could say they weren't good at what they did. There was a reason the Mayan calendar ran out and nothing happened. That had been his first mission honestly. He was thrown directly into the fray with little extra training. His Master had said it was due to his past experience with fighting immortals.

The realm was beautiful. There were forests and rivers and lakes. But you could almost sense that everything was not quite what it seemed. He could hear crashing and crushing but couldn't see where it was coming from. A popping sound came from his left and he turned to find the source. There stood what seemed like a butler; a kinder older faced man dressed in a tuxedo minus the jacket.

"Master?" he questioned.

Percy cocked his head to the side. "I assume you were one of Lucius' attendants?"

The assumed butler's eyes widened he he hurriedly nodded. "Do you know what became of him? It's been many millennia since he left and the current Demon King has brought this once great realm to its knees."

"I do know where he is. He was defeated by an...ancestor of sorts that is related to me. His power resides in me now. Occasionally I hear him speak to me, but he no longer has the ability to be before you."

The butler looked down in sadness. "It is not to be then. This realm will be destroyed from the inside or should...THEY attack we will easily be defeated."

'They?' Percy asked Lucius.

'You would consider them to be angels though they are far from what your world sees them as. You think demons are bad, but they have no sense of law or authority. To them it's every man for themselves. Demons at least have a hierarchy based on strength.' Percy nodded in his mind understanding.

"Well, luckily for you, I need to train the powers that I seemed to have unintentionally inherited from your master. Maybe I can help your situation if this predicament doesn't interfere with my going back or my training."

The butler seemed to pick up at that, for the  first time showing some sense of relief and happiness. "Of course my lord. There would be few who could challenge your power even with you being untrained."

Percy nodded. He was becoming used to having few that could really challenge him. And even the ones that were stronger would have a hell of a time trying to kill him with his battle prowess.

"Let me take you to your castle, Lord."

Percy shook his head. "While I am here, I want you to refer to me as simply as possible. If you can't call me by name, then Mr. Jackson will do."

The butler seemed to truly smile at this. "I think you will get along quite well with the staff. Especially our young scholar, Nich. He is a major help to us when requesting supplies from the nearest town."

Percy looked at him, "Is that so?"