On the Run

A man sat idly in the branches of a tree. The Hunt had been after him for the past week and had nearly caught him last night. Luckily his sixth sense had alerted him of the presence of other powerful and aggressive entities near him, even while he was asleep. His blue cloak hid most of his upper body and the cowl definitely concealed his identity, though on first glance no one would recognize him anyway.

His entire outfit was way different. He had a leather jerkin on, fitted to his chest, and leather vambraces that extended up to just before his biceps. He had another upper arm piece, but he hardly wore it, especially in the hot climate. His trousers were also leather, the knees and shins reinforced like his torso piece, to take a hit from most any basic weapon. The shins though, were enchanted by the Lady of the Hearth and were stronger than the other parts, and if kicked by them, would feel like steel hitting your body. His boots were of course leather like the rest of his outfit, though were made more durable and padded on the bottoms to help with stealth.

All in all, he looked like an assassin. And that's exactly what he had become. Many monsters had confused him with Ares son, Phobos, the god of fear. He chuckled to himself and pulled the blue bandana up around the lower portion of his face. The only thing left to see under his cowl was his piercing green eyes. If you were an enemy and had seen them, that means you more than likely a blink away from death.

The man patted himself down, checking his weapons. Hunting knives on his hips, three throwing knives in the small of his back, two more in his boots, he had acquired an array of weapons which adorned his body as tattoos, and of course his trusty sword was now also in the form of a tattoo of a constellation. He had a trident, a bow made specifically for him that he could actually use, a spear, a scythe, a hand-and-a-half sword, a crescent blade, and staff, all in the form of personalized tattoos, each a depiction of what got him the weapons.

The scythe was a watch tattoo, the trident hid well inside is his SPQR tattoo that he already had, the bow was a skull upon his shoulder, which he had received from Thanatos, a gift for helping save him. The hand-and-a-half sword were winged sandals on his rib cage, a reminder of Luke. The crescent blade was a full moon tattoo on his right back shoulder blade, a fleeting meeting with the former mistress of the moon, Selene, who tasked him with far more than he was ready for. The spear was a gift from Ares, though few knew of it, for helping his daughter and the rest of his cabin get recognized for their efforts in the wars. And the staff was enchanted himself after spending nearly a year learning from his mentor in all forms of martial arts and stealth. It was depicted as a dragon wrapping around and down his arm.

Those were weapons he knew he could never lose, and the knives were easily replaceable by his mom. The thought of his real mother left him in a sour mood and he could feel his mom, the woman that took him in when he was down, pushing her power into him to brighten his day. He sighed, stretched and leapt down from the tree. The time for hiding was almost over. Selene had tasked him with an important job to do, because she could feel something sinister coming for her replacement. Without a doubt, he would have to yet again be at the forefront of another major conflict. He just hoped this time he wouldn't have to involve the campers. He had no desire to deal with them.