Just A Little Jaunt

*CLANG! KINGK! CRING!* The sound echoed through the wasteland that is Tartarus. Even with there being two Titans, whose physical prowess should have far exceeded anything this man was capable of alone let alone together, Percy was still on the offensive.

He spun his scythe and attacked with deadly efficiency. It was more than clear who had the upper hand in this fight, not to mention who was more skilled. Hyperion parried and dodged while Krios attempted to hide behind his shield when he couldn't dodge. Neither was able to get many attacks in.

Suddenly, the blade of Percy's scythe hooked over the top of Krios' shield, and ripped it from his grasp, sending him to the ground in a heap. Wasting no time, he twirled the scythe and it was embedded in the a Titan's back. Hyperion screamed for his brother who had no chance to do it himself. He charged in a fury at the former demigod.

Percy stood his ground and brought the pole end of the weapon up, smacking the bottom of Hyperion's arm and hand, instantly making him release his hold on his weapon. Another little twirl and the business end of the weapon once again stuck out of a Titan. With a bit of an evil grin, he collected the fallen weapons, pushing magic into them to transform them into easy to carry items, which he stuffed into a small pouch in his pocket.

'These small fry could never do anything to me. Is it too much to ask for to have a decent opponent?' Percy thought. Not that he wanted to die, but for some reason he truly missed the feeling of that threat of imminent danger when going into a fight.

His wings tore out of his back, though due to experiences, he hardly felt the tearing and disfiguring of his body before it was healed again. A powerful jump and two huge strokes of his wings and he was soaring through the skies of Tartarus, heading in the direction his gut pulled him. I needed to find them.

He was with her. I could feel it. It'd been too long for him to be without his family. And anything that stood in his way would be torn apart in his fury. He had no patience left to deal with anyone that got in his way, even if he had to fight a Primordial. He wasn't sure he could beat Tartarus, especially not in his own element, but dam it, he'd try.

-/-

A gladiator ring? It looked a lot the Colosseum from Rome. What could this mean? He swooped down and ducked into the shadow of a large pillar ringing the top of the arena and seating. In the arena itself, a boy who looked about fifteen battled a dracanae. Percy looked at him but couldn't feel any magical energy coming from him, godly or otherwise. He had brown hair...and when he spun past the snake woman, Percy's breath hitched. He had his mom's eyes. This was his little brother.

Percy took a running leap and landed in the middle, shaking the earth and causing the snake woman to stumble around. "What is going on here?" he asked, his voice infused with deadly energy.

"Hey! You're ruining the games. Leave now or we will be forced to kill you!" came a big brute of a cyclopes.

"You're a disgrace to our father. Shut your trap before I kill YOU," Percy snapped. "Now, answer me. What is going on here? Why is this mortal fighting in the arena?!"

The snake woman his little brother had been fighting hissed out, "He wassss brought here to ussssss by Lord Tartarussssss himssssself."

"Thank you. That wasn't so hard, now was it. Still...you all must die." Percy raised his hand and small glowing circles appeared in front of every monster in the arena and burst with a bright energy that killed them all, quicker than anyone could react.

The boy stood in front of Percy a bit nervously. "Why did you spare me? How did you know I was just a mortal?"

Percy flashed his trademark grin. "Cause I'm your older brother and I've searched for years to find you...though you shouldn't be this old. I guess Tartarus aged you faster for more entertainment."

The boy was stunned. "My older brother?"

"Yeah. I never did find out your name. I came home and mom was dead, your dad was dead, and a few months later is when I found that you had been born and were missing. I'm a son of Poseidon. Percy Jackson."

If Percy was expecting a warm welcome, he was sorely surprised. "Well I don't need you. It took you too long to find me and now I'm stuck in this living nightmare!"

Percy nodded. "You're right. I did take too long. But I wasn't as strong as I am now. I couldn't break the concealment placed on you. Otherwise I would have come for you when I first found out. I'd never let you stay down here if I could help it. And I can help it now. We can leave."

The boy tried staying mad. "You didn't know?" he asked gruffly. Percy shook his head. "And we can leave? You're sure we can escape this place? I haven't been able to before."

Percy grinned. "Of course we can. Tartarus might be a primordial, but even he is unsure of my power. As a demigod, I helped put the oldest primordial to sleep. Do you really think that now, being way stronger than that, he'd try to out right attack me?"

The boy looked dubious but he had to agree with that logic. "I heard them call you a God Eater. What did they mean?"

Percy's smile wavered a bit. "I've killed. I've killed a lot. Monsters, mortals, and yes, even gods. The name was given to a group I used to be in. In two thousand and twelve, the Mayan Calendar spelled the end of mortal days. The group and I killed every Mayan god and stopped that apocalypse. Thats when we got that name. Oh...and by the way, you never gave me your name."

The boy was still trying to comprehend how his older brother had helped wipe out an entire pantheon of gods. They must have been a lot of strong people. "It's Zach. How many people were in that group of yours?"

"At that time? I think around thirteen or so. It's been awhile," Percy replied, scratching his head.

"Thirteen?! That's impossible. For you to wipe out a pantheon as strong as the Mayans with that few, is just crazy."

"We lost half of our people in that fight. It took us two days of fighting and another week to track down the two that escaped. But now, I could wipe out pantheon's on my own pretty much. But, can we get off this subject? I have one more person to find down here before we leave, a blonde girl."

"Wait! I've seen a blonde girl down here before. She was pretty banged up. I never knew why she was being held captive but she's in the holding cells. They take me there after the fights. I can lead the way."

"Alright, come here." Zach walked over to Percy and he touched his younger brother's shoulder. "Now imagine flying. You should be able to use this any time I'm near you. You'll syphon from my own magic so you need to let me know when you use it, unless we're in a fight. Then, you use it and you get yourself out of range but within eyesight of me. Not much can harm me down here, and I'll die before I see you hurt. Now lead the way little brother."

Zach wasn't sure how to take his older brother yet. It was a role he'd never had filled. But the attention and worry he showed for him made Zach feel loved for the first time. "Alright. Its about a two hours walk from here, though faster in the air. Tell me about our mom while we head there."