Return of a Legend

Percy stood at the top of a hill, leaning on the largest pine tree in the area. Looking down, he saw the place he once called home hadn't changed much. Still the same cabins, the new ones for all the gods had been added in during the time Hera had kept him asleep. He had only seen them for six months before everything had happened.

The arena, stables, vineyards, and archery range hadn't changed one bit. No doubt the residents hadn't changed at all. The fact that no one had noticed him yet attested to this, and their complacency. That soon changed when a youngling, probably ten or so, pointed up at him, and soon you could see the older campers make their way towards him.

A grey eyed, blonde haired girl took lead and stepped up. "Who are you?"

The man's green gazed bored into her, giving her chills. "A forgotten memory, Chase," he spat.

The venom in his voice caused her to recoil, not expecting it. Soon a look of anger replaced it and she stepped forward, hand on a drakon bone blade. "Who–"

The man already had a blade to her throat. "Do not think you can threaten me, daughter of Athena. I know everything there is to know about you. Your moves, your actions, your thought processes. It's only fair...we were best friends."

Her eyes widened. "You can't be. You're supposed to be dead," she whispered.

The man laughed, a deep sound that seemed to rumble through his entire body. "For all those who thought I died, or was banished. I wasn't. And I've come back. There will be a meeting in the Big House in ten minutes. All cabin councilors are required to be there. If you're not, I'll hunt you down and drag you there. I'm not someone you want to piss off. And...my name is Perseus Jackson," he shouted, ensuring the entire camp could hear him.

Several of the older campers stepped forward to greet him, but his cold glare kept them from coming too close. "Prissy? Is that really you?"

"Clarrise, who else would it be? Who else knows this airhead well enough to get inside her guard? Not even you can do that so easily."

The burly girl nodded, eyes wide. "You know not all of us agreed with it, right?"

Percy's eyes hardened. He reached up and pushed his hood back, and pulled the bandana down. "Maybe not, but no one stepped forward to defend me. I wasn't even given a reason for being kicked out." His blade had yet to move from Annabeth's throat. She steadily tried to lift the sword in her belt out to where she could use it. "Move one more muscle and I'll be explaining a decapitated demigod to Chiron," he snarled. Her movements stopped abruptly.

"Anyways...I don't see how you not going with it matters. I'm not here to stay. I have two jobs to do. But you'll hear about them in the meeting." He looked at the gathering that had occurred. Noticing many new faces he grinned. "Well it looks like I recognize some of you little ones."

Grins spread over the faces of some of the younger kids. Percy pushed Annabeth away from him, sending her tumbling down the hill a short way, as the kids ran to hug him. They all started shouting about how much they missed him. Throughout all the commotion, the smile never left his face. He might have a hard exterior and could be harsh and cruel, but deep down, he was still the kind hearted man the older campers had once known.