"Chapter 8~ Luke's Saber»

______________________________________
Maz led us to a table, and began to ask us what we were doing here.

I sat in between Maz, and Han,
BB-8 began to chirp, “A map. To Skywalker himself?” Maz asked, and then began to chuckle, “You are right back in the mess.” she told Han.

Han looked at her, “Maz, we need to get this droid to Leia.”

She looks at me, then looks back at him, “Hmmm. No.” she says, and I look at her.

“Wait, did you just say No? Why?” I ask, and she looks at me then Han.

“You have been running away from this fight for too long. Han, (speaks in alien language) Go home.” Maz says, and Han looks up at her,

“Leia doesn't want to see me.” Han says softly.

“Maz, will you please help us?  We need to get this droid back home before—” and she looks at me,

“Ah, Y/N, one of Luke's apprentices. You have turned against your Jedi ways, much like Han, you have been running for too long.” she says, and my eyes widen, “You have a son with the enemy, and you fear that the boy will turn out like his father, aren't you?” she asks, and I look at her,

“How did you—”

“I have my ways, Y/N. Stop. Running. Face your fear, be the Jedi you once were, you are strong, and I can feel it. But you must stop running now, before it's too late.” she says, and Finn jumps in.

“Please, we came here for your help.” Finn says, and Han puts a hand on my shoulder, still perplexed as to how she knew this.

Then Rey asks, “What fight?”

“The only fight. Against the dark side. Through the ages, I've seen evil take many forms, The Sith. The Empire. Today, it is the First Order.” she began to say, Finn and Rey were listening intently. “Their shadow is spreading across the galaxy. We must face them. Fight them. All of us.” she said, and looked at Han and I.

Finn leaned up in his chair, “There is no fight against the First Order. Not one we can win. Look around. There's no chance we haven't been recognized already.  I bet you the First Order is on their way right—” Finn stopped talking and look at Maz, gears clicking on her glasses.

“What's this? What are you doing?” he asked, starting to freak out, and she began to crawl across the table.

BB-8 rolls next to me, and I put my hand on him, “Solo, what is she doing?” Finn asked Han.

Han sat back in his chair, “I don't know. But it ain't good.” he said.

As Maz got closer to Finn, she began to speak, “If you live long enough,  you see the same eyes in different people.” she says and stops for a moment, and looks into Finn's eyes, “I'm looking in the eyes of a man who wants to run.”

Finn leans up in his chair, “You don't know a thing about me. Where I'm from. What I've seen. You don't know the First Order like I do. They'll slaughter us. We all need to run.”

Rey looks at Finn with a perplexed look on her face, obviously confused.

Maz sat back down in her chair, and points at a couple of guys in a corner, “ You see those two? They'll trade work for Transportation to the outer rim. There, you can disappear.” Maz says, and I look up at Finn.

“Finn?” Rey says, and Finn leans over to her, “Come with me.” he told her.

“What about Y/N and what about BB-8? We're not done yet. We have to get them back to your base.” she says, and he looks down at the table.

BB-8 looks up at me and beeps, “Awkward.....” and Finn looks over at me, “Well, I'm pretty sure Y/N can get him back to base. After all, it's her mission.” he says, and then he looks at Rey, “I can't.” he says, and gets up from the table, handing Han back his blaster.

“Keep it, kid.” Han says, looking a little disappointed.

Rey got up from the table, upset, and Maz looked at Han and I, “Who's the girl?”

“Her name is Rey, she's from Jakku, and that's all I know about her.” I say, and Maz looks at me.

“You know something else about her. But you don't want to say, you and I both know what she is. And you hope that she would be able to take your place, you know that she is powerful.” she says, and I look at her listening. “As for your son, you know that he is force Sensitive. You don't want Ben finding out because you're afraid of what he might do.” she said.

“Are you—”

“Child, you already know the answer to your own question.” she says, patting the top of my hand.

I sigh, “I'm afraid. I'm afraid my son will turn out like his father, I've had nightmares, visions. And they all lead back to the same thing.” I say and she puts her hand on her chin.

“Fear is a path to the dark side, Y/N. Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose, dear. Maybe it isn't Dylan you should fear of being seduced to the dark side.” she says, and I sit back thinking of what she just said.

Her words were playing over and over in my head, “Maybe it isn't Dylan you should fear of being seduced to the dark side.”

Han and I sat there, as Maz walked away, “Han, maybe she's right. I'm fearing about the wrong person turning. What if I'm the one to be seduced?” I say, it barely coming out as a whisper.

Han puts his hand on top of mine, “I know you, Y/N. I know you won't turn, because you're strong.”

“I know me too, but Han, we also thought we knew Ben, too, and look where he is now. Thinking back on this Han, I could have stopped him.” I said, “I could have stopped this all from happening, I could've stopped Ben from turning, I could've stopped all of this from happening.” I say, and he looks down.

“I think we all could've stopped him, Y/N. This wasn't just your fault, it was mine and Leia's fault too. Maybe we went wrong somewhere along the line of this whole parenting thing.” he said, and I shook my head,

“You and Leia did nothing wrong, Han. You guys were amazing parents, and I know that, because of how you both are with Dylan.” I say, and he gives me a small smile.

I look down, and there's no BB-8. “Han, where's BB-8?” I ask , and he looks around, “Crap.” I say, and jump up form my chair and begin to look around frantically.

I find a flight of stairs going into a basement type thing, and I ran down the steps.

I find Maz, Rey, and BB-8, and Rey looked terrified.

“And now, it calls to you.” Maz told Rey, and I look over to the side, and there was Luke's lightsaber.

“I have to get to Jakku.” Rey says, and Maz nods, “Han and Y/N told me.” she says, and holds our her hand to Rey, and she takes it.

“Dear child, I see your eyes and you already know the truth. Whomever you waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back.” Maz says gently, and Rey had tears forming in her eyes.

“But, there's still someone who still could.” Maz says, and Rey says softly, “Luke.”

“The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead. I am no Jedi, but I know the Force..It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you. The saber. Take it.” Maz tells Rey, and she jumped up.

“I'm never touching that thing again. I don't want any part of this.” she says, and begins to run out if the room.

“Y/N, you have to go talk to her. She could be our only hope, you both could be our only hope.” she says, and I nod, running after Rey.
______________________________________
Word Count: 1,443
Thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you thought of the chapter!
And if you haven't already, go check out my Star Wars Imagines book.
~ Chewbecca, out ✌
«May the force be with you.»