Ch.9 - School (Playing with Fire)

I don't know what this could end up meaning. I have every single one of my classes with Gerard this year. Which I'm happy, but being with Gerard this much might ruin what Frank and I might of had. But I will always love Frank the same.

We had all grabbed some sort of snack from my kitchen. Frank and I made some popcorn while Mikey collected some soda, Gerard grabbed the Oreos, and Ray held some Skittles while he looked for some movies.

The boys had resorted to horror movies but I put my foot down. I hated horror. I just couldn't stand that kinda stuff, even though I knew it was fake. It just creeped me out. So instead, Ray picked the Simpsons Movie.

We were all going to go into the music room and have our last horrah before school started. The parents actually let us have a sleepover, since we had never had one and we don't do anything really thinking wise on the first day of school. I had a feeling that this was going to be fun.

We all walked downstairs- well except Frank, he skipped- and set up our sleeping bags in front of the tv. The Way brothers didn't have sleeping bags because they had never had the need for them before. So we loaned our extra one to Gerard, but Mikey decided to sleep on my beanbag. He looked pretty uncomfortable, but what do I know.

We jammed and listened to music for a while, and ate a bunch of junk. We watched the news for who knows why and it said there was a natural fire nearby, but it was too far to affect us. It was 11:00 when we ran out of food, so Ray went up to get more and then we would start our movie. He came back and plopped it in.

Ray, Mikey, and Gerard set up behind me, so I was just next to Frankie.

"So, Frank, what do you think about your classes for this year?" I asked.

"Ah, they're fine. I really don't care". He smiled.

This was a delicate subject, "Ya, about me and Gerard. I don't know what to think about it," I was whispering now, "I mean, I don't know. I guess I just feel bad because I will be spending more time with him and I dot know how you feel about that." I started tearing up a little.

"Oh god, Elise, no! I would never get jealous! As long as your happy, I don't care if Gerard becomes your boyfriend!" He smiled and it really looked sincere. I laughed. But then I felt bad.

"No matter what happens, even if something happens between me and Gerard, I will always love you, Frank Iero. I always have."

I grabbed for his hand. He squeezed tight and I leaned against him. This is how we watched the movie. And this is how we fell asleep.

Everybody brought their school stuff over last night so we would be able to leave from my house, once it was time. I got up to see that the Ways and Ray were already getting dressed. Frank was still knocked out next to me. I nudged him. He didn't move. I could see him smile slightly though, so I knew he was pretending.

"I know your awake, Frank Iero!". He didn't move.

So I got up and pushed him to the point were he completely flipped over. He was doing his cute little high pitched laugh that he does when he thinks something is really funny. But once he starts, he can't stop.

School was walking distance from our house. Ray, Frank and I had done it all last year, but this year Gerard and Mikey would be joining us.

When we all arrived at the school grounds, we went through the back gates. It was closest to my house. Usually, not many people hung out in the back area, so that's where our waiting place was. It was about 15 minutes before we had to go to homeroom.

We watched all of the people we knew return and all of the seventh graders come for the first time. I had seen my friend Alicia walk in nearby.

Alicia was a year younger than me so she was a seventh grader. We had been family friends since we were born and her brother Don was Robert's best friend. We always called each other Ally because it worked for both of us. It was an inside joke.