Ch. 8- The Same Classes? ( Do I Love Gerard or Frank?)

I'm having a problem. When I first saw Gerard, I was in love with him right away. He was just so beautiful and perfect. He was easy to talk to. And he still is. And I still have a huge crush on him.

But the reason I ever fell for him was because I didn't think Frank liked me. And I wasn't really sure about him either, at the time. I had thought of him as my best friend but now I don't know what's happening. He is not EXACTLY like Gerard in the looks, or personality departments. He is the complete opposite. He is a spazz. He can never stand still. And he is always making me laugh. And that's why I loved him as a best friend. But now, I'm realizing, I do, REALLY love his distinct, outgoing personality. I have known him all of my life and he has made my life so much more enjoyable. I feel deep down inside that I want to be more than friends. I do love him. But I still have a small crush on Gerard.

And as they say, ' If you love two people, choose the second because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't love the second'.

But who did I like first?

I had given Frank Gerard's number do he could invite the brothers over. I heard the phone answer, "Hello?".

"Waaazzzaaappp buddy?!?" Frank yelled into the phone.

It was officially the last day of summer. And we wanted to spend it all together. Ray hadn't even met the boys yet, and he still wanted to include them. Leave it to Ray to be super-nice guy.

Ray, Frank, and I would all be returning to Rancho Santa Margarita Intermediate School (RSM) as eighth graders. Gerard would be an eighth grader there too for the first time. I promised to show him around so I hoped we got in the same class so it would be easier to help him ( though I was secretly wishing that I had Frank with me ). And Mikey would be coming with us, just to be a seventh grader. I might have to hook him up with someone from seventh grade because he wouldn't be able to find someone to guide him on his own.

"Frank, what did Gerard say?"

"It was actually Mikey. He said he was going to wake Geezy- that's what he called him- and make him come. So they'll be here in like fifteen minutes". Frank jumped up and down while saying this.

Haha. Geezy. I like it.

I sat next to Ray and gave him a huge hug. It was just friendly though. Frank shot me a look of jealousy and so I mouthed that it was nothing. I also gave him a look of don't worry to insure he read my message. I didn't want him to feel negative about the way I felt about him.

"Ray!! If we all don't get in the same classes, I don't know what I'm going to do! We can't be separated - even though we eat lunch together and come home all together everyday - and I don't want to be lonely!". I was being silly. They got it and started retaliating. But then Ray suddenly stopped.

"Elise! Ohmygod! I totally forgot! Our classes are posted online now! We can check!"

Frank was immediately out of the room and upstairs. I walked out of my room to follow him. But, when I was walking by the door, I heard a knock.

I opened the door and Mikey was standing in front, holding his plush, unicorn, pillow pet.

"Nice unicorn," I laughed.

"His name is Fluffy!" Mikey squeaked. He ran downstairs.

Gerard was still outside. I smiled and waved for him to come in.

"Hey, Elise," Gerard said with a cute smile on his face.

Frank ran right past us, laptop in hands. "Sorry, 'scuse me!" Frank yelled. It was a pretty funny sight. He ran to the bottom of the stairs and around the corner.

"What's up with him?"

"We just remembered that our classes are posted online. Here let's go check it out".

When we walked into our room, Ray was on the floor with the laptop, Mikey was behind him sitting on the bottom bunk, and Frank, of course, was hanging upside down on the top bunk bed. I love him. His Nirvana shirt was falling off of his body into his face, but he didn't seem to notice. I started to crack up.

Everyone looked at me so I pointed to Frank. I could not help it. It made me laugh so hard. And then yet again, it wasn't even that funny. But u found it hilarious. Why? Anyone else would've slightly chuckled and moved on.

"What? You like the new look? It's called where your shirt in your head," it was now fully covering his face.

Both Frank and I were cracking up when Ray tried to calm us down. Frank always laughed when I laughed, even if he had no idea why or what I was laughing at. It made me feel like I had someone on my side. And I'm glad it was Frank.

"Okay, guys I'm in the page," Ray said. "Mikey, your first. Alright, you have Mrs. Barker for homeroom and English. And your electives are Video/ TV and Music".

"Frank, you have Mr. Smith for homeroom and Science Your electives are Camera and Music. I have the same classes Frank! Except I have Yearbook and Music".

Both Frank and Ray did a little high-five, Frank above his head. He went back to reading.

"Gerard, you have Mrs. Thomson for your homeroom and History. You have Mr. Brooks for English and Math, and Mrs. Lindell for Science. Your electives are Art and Music. Elise, oh wait...."

What could that mean? Was there something wrong?

"You have all of the same classes as Gerard".